[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - progression v. 2.0

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: progression v. 2.0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:09 am 
Regular

I'm bored w/ normal firelands.

I propose we attempt Rhyolith and Alysrazor on heroic this week.

"But wait Whateley," you say, "we only run once a week there isn't time for such things. Now begone!"

/backhands the warlock.

I don't propose to spend a lot of time on either. Just enough to see how doable they are at our level and if possible switch to them in lieu of domo.

At the very least it will break up the monotony of the normal encounters.

Post subject: Re: progression v. 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:46 am 
Regular

I think we will try Lord Ryolith a couple times, looks to be doable as the 2nd heroic boss in 10 mans according to our server. In talking to Stylist due to our range heavy group comp heroic domo is going to be more challenging..not impossible but an uphill battle vs. if we had 1 or 2 less ranged dps leaving more room for others on the leaps.

Base on some other discussions I have a few new strat ideas for domo to get a win which I will post on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:38 am 
Regular

As reluctant as I am be to broach the idea of spreading our raid focus any thinner, the more I think about the T11 Heroic/Acheivement modes the more I lament the idea that we will likely not end up going back to complete them for perhaps a while yet. There's a leet drake to be earned, as well as titles Dragonslayer and Blackwing's Bane.

Has anyone read/heard anything about how much of a difficulty slide the later fights are in T12 gear? Though I'm sure at the rate the Firelands nerfs are happening it probably wont be long before Heroic T12 bosses are easier than Heroic T11 bosses.

Anyway, it's something worth keeping in mind for the future, or for off weeks, at least until Blizzard starts actively docking players points for not doing the current tier of content.

POSTSCRIPT EDIT: I think we should do Heroic Beth'tilac next. imo keep all the dps downstairs [or alternatively four-heal] until we get a handle on how the adds work, then start sending people back up to beat the enrage.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:47 am 
Regular

Quote:
I think we should do Heroic Beth'tilac next. imo keep all the dps downstairs [or alternatively four-heal] until we get a handle on how the adds work, then start sending people back up to beat the enrage.

I disagree.

Firstly we need to stop falling back on the "we need more heals" scenario. As evidenced by last week's Rhyolith attempts extra healing would not be necessary if people are smart about avoiding damage. The main issue I see is a lack of coordination. If we are to learn the encounter we need to learn how to correctly implement the strat. This means no exta healers, no dps staying downstairs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:27 pm 
Regular

Quote:
if people are smart about avoiding damage

Clearly it is that simple.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:36 pm 
Regular

Coreus wrote:
Quote:
Clearly it is that simple.

Oh c'mon we had three people die because they stood in lava last week- no amount of healing can prevent people doing that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:18 pm 
Regular

Since we're missing some regs this week we should focus on heroic Rhyolith and possibly Aly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:47 am 
Regular

As a note Rev killed heroic Ryolith on their Remnants 10 alt run with 3 heals..ask him for parse but again I think we should always try conventional and generally acce[ted strategies but it is by no means the only way to win an encounter as we have proven again and again as a raid. Some strategies play against our weaknesses and others let us be successful though it may be unorthodox. Fro example for those who may have forgotten but the generally accepted win strategy for Shannox reg when we first started Firelands is to burn both dogs down evenly, and in fact I pugged a raid 2 weeks ago on Frav and they were still using that strat but for our raid the RNG of Face rape and our timeliness and positioning to handle it made a kill Rage face 1st strat more viable. I am always for out of the box alternatives for every encounter we are trying to progress on, as they say in business in Texas "There is more than one way to skin that cat".... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:15 pm 
Regular

indeed.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:22 pm 
Regular

The Nagrand raid took down Heroic Rhyolith last night.

I vote we kidnap Chia and force him to drive for our raid.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:40 pm 
Regular

god we suck.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:41 pm 
Regular

Self affirmation is the 1st step to recovery..we will be fine stop with any doom and gloom.. At this point this week I will need an assessment of who still wants to do Rag otherwise I would like to start invoking some raid ID extension weeks to grind out the heroic bosses.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:44 pm 
Regular

Syrannia has all she needs from Rag, so I guess that's one vote against. ^^

Are any of our core raiders still missing 4p bonuses? That would be the clincher, in my opinion.