[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Hecatomb

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hecatomb
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:01 pm 

Main Character:
Siyntax

Character Name:
Hecatomb

Class:
Paladin

Desired role (Healer, DPS, or Tank):
Healer

Other roles you would accept (if applicable):
Tank/DPS

Drunken Badger's Raid you are applying for (Jaggerbomb, Stoli, Long Island, Any):
Any

Link to Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... omb/simple

Player Time Zone:
Central

How often will something prevent you from coming to the raid if you sign up as coming?:
Preferably never

Frequent D/Cs are bad. Blaming performance errors on latency & framerate issues is also bad. Are your computer and internet connection good enough for raiding?:
Yes

What steps do you take to continually improve your gameplay?:
research how to play my character as well as taking advice. I also prefer to research boss fights if im going to raid

What is your current biggest weakness, performance-wise, and how are you addressing it?:
Probably Gear. joining a raid team.

If applying for a dps spot, what is your typical 10-man raid DPS? If available, please provide a link to a World of Logs or other report for a recent 10-man raid in which you participated.

What Cata raid fights have you experienced?:
have run Raid finder fights a few times. have also watched videos of older content

Game stuff

Current Guild:
I just left The Doom Brigade in order to find a new guild

Which Raid groups have you raided with (Feathermoon or otherwise)?
I raided with friends a few times but never with anyone from the Drunken Badgers

How did you hear about the Drunken Badgers?
Guild Finder

What PVP experience do you have?:
Little

Why do you want to join our raid?:
From the description in the Guild finder, you guys seem cool.

If you are in a raid now, why do you want to leave?:
my current Guild is not very active and I want to play the game to the fullest

Do you know anyone currently in the raid?
no

Do you know anyone currently in the Drunken Badgers' guild?
no

List anything special you can contribute to the raid:
I have alts of every profession exept inscription and blacksmith and would gladly help out in any way I can

For Jaggerbomb, have you read the raid rules (viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1696) and do you agree to them?:
Yes

Are there any raid instances that you will not be available to raid on designated raid nights?
Nope, I should be able to do any and all raids.

Post subject: Re: Hecatomb
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:55 pm 
Regular

Open the advanced pane on your armoury page and look at the section called "Character Audit". This is the kind of thing you want to have up to date when you apply for a raiding guild.

You acknowledge gear as being a weakness, but your gear could be improved significantly by running the random tool Dungeons and Raid Finder for a few weeks as well as pursuing upgrades through other means such as crafting or BoEs. I can see it might be a case of you only having so much time to do so, and those methods can be very RNG; but this along with the lack of enchants or profession bonuses strongly indicates a lack of experience and/or understanding of what is required for Heroic raiding.