[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Abort - Holy/Ret Pally

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Abort - Holy/Ret Pally
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:56 am 

Main Character:

Character Name: Abort

Class: Paladin

Desired role (Healer, DPS, or Tank): DPS or healing (I am very confident in my ability for both, so whichever is needed most is fine)

Other roles you would accept (if applicable): See previous answer

Drunken Badger's Raid you are applying for (Jaggerbomb, Stoli, Long Island, Any): Jaggerbomb

Link to Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/feathermoon/abort/advanced (that is for my ret gear, if you want to see my holy gear - just ask. Both sets have an avg equipped item level of 361-362).

Player Time Zone: Central

How often will something prevent you from coming to the raid if you sign up as coming? I've had 100% attendance for remnants since early march and we raid 3 times a week. So it is very unlikely anything will prevent me from raiding.

Frequent D/Cs are bad. Blaming performance errors on latency & framerate issues is also bad. Are your computer and internet connection good enough for raiding? Yes, I have not had internet connection or framerate issues for quite some time.

What steps do you take to continually improve your gameplay? I continuously read paladin forums to see how I can better my dps or hps in different fights.

What is your current biggest weakness, performance-wise, and how are you addressing it? My biggest weakness tends to be interrupting spells. I have never really been relied on to interrupt spells, but I am getting this job more and more. I have had to move some interface things around and use addons to make sure I interrupt effectively.

If applying for a dps spot, what is your typical 10-man raid DPS? If available, please provide a link to a World of Logs or other report for a recent 10-man raid in which you participated.

I haven't participated in a 10-man raid other than BH for a very long time. Here are a couple of my better dps nights (I heal/dps about 50/50 in raids, so dps info can be scarce):

Normal Magmaw - Dps
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2flw ... 618&e=6949

Normal Valiona and Theralion - Dps
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5mtr ... 414&e=1713

As an example of my healing potential, here's tonight's log of Heroic Magmaw:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p ... 062&e=3492
(one of our primary holy pallies had dc'd at the beginning and wasnt able to make it back until after the kill, so I really got to let loose without his healing in there)

What Cata raid fights have you experienced? I have done 5/13 hard modes of current content. I've been a part of every single one of remnant's "first" kills past the first couple bosses in BoT and our 10-man that killed al'akir. I am very comfortable with all the fights in both the dps and healing perspectives.

Game stuff

Current Guild: Remnants

Which Raid groups have you raided with (Feathermoon or otherwise)? You guys! remnants, treebag, multiple scorgasms, valiance, and a few others. All of these were in december/january.

How did you hear about the Drunken Badgers? I joined you guys in january for one of your first BoT runs by answering your call for a healer in trade chat.

What PVP experience do you have? I have been doing rated battlegrounds and arenas with my shaman the past month or so.

Why do you want to join our raid? I am swapping my raiding char in remnants for my shaman due to some personnel issues and I really want to continue using my paladin. I've raided with you guys before and I liked the environment and the quality of players.

If you are in a raid now, why do you want to leave? I'm not exactly leaving, just swapping chars.

Do you know anyone currently in the raid? Yellowjacket, Whateley, and Judrog were really the only names I remembered from january. I just know them from the 1 or 2 runs I healed.

Do you know anyone currently in the Drunken Badgers' guild? See the previous answer

List anything special you can contribute to the raid: Well as ret, I can bring the 3% straight damage buff that an arcane mage could also bring. Though I feel that arcane mages are a bit undertuned right now compared to ret pallies.

For Jaggerbomb, have you read the raid rules (viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1696) and do you agree to them? Yes

Are there any raid instances that you will not be available to raid on designated raid nights? No

Post subject: Re: Abort - Holy/Ret Pally
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:31 pm 
Regular

The fact that you whored yourself in trade I won't hold against you :lol:. As of right now I can only offer a sub spot for Jager in either role since our reg roster is still full. The latest attendance trends would say you'd probably be raiding 30% of the time. I have another sub Shammy healer on our roster so most time it may be to fill a dps slot. I will look at calendars over the next coming weeks and add you to raids I am sure we will have an opening.