[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Ask Mr Robot (how not to be a baddy)

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ask Mr Robot (how not to be a baddy)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:34 pm 
Regular

I had recommended an addon to many of you call reforgenator. Cliffton pointed out that while reforgenator works most of the time, it doesn't necessarily take into account diminishing returns.

There's a great web interface called Ask Mr. Robot that will automatically find the best reforges for your gear, as well as recommending gear upgrades and telling you what is BiS.

http://www.askmrrobot.com

Have a look, check it out. You mind find some of the gear you swapped out and put in the bank might be better than what you just upgraded to.

Post subject: Re: Ask Mr Robot (how not to be a baddy)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:19 pm 
Regular

I approve. Everything it recommended for me in holy spec appears to be dead on from what I read. I like how you can tell it to gem/reforge for situations like mana conservation, max healing, etc...

Also, surprisingly enough... for boomkins its recommends not having the 5% leather bonus. There are two pieces of cloth that are BiS pre-raiding.

- Bo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:58 pm 
Regular

There would have to be a shit ton of haste (best stat 4.06) replacing crit (worst stat 4.06) to make up for a 5% intellect hit. Intellect is about 3 times as good as haste, and haste is about 20% better than crit. So at 1,000 intellect, (a 50 intellect bonus at 5%) you'd need to be replacing 188 crit rating with 188 haste rating over two pieces just to equal the benefit of Leather Mastery.

At an average ilevel of 353 I have 4.6k wholly unbuffed int, so call a 246 blue raider 3k at worst. That puts our target haste replacing crit at 564, which is well beyond a reasonable expectation for itemzation in two 246 blues. Taking into account the fact that most starting moonkin have mana problems, 50 intellect is significantly better than 188 haste because it increases our mana regen rate (which is based on total mana when eclipse is achieved).

I expect the mod is discussing "BiS" on a slot-by-slot basis, rather than a complete BiS set where the hit is reforged to 17%. This would make spirit, hit, and even more so spirit+hit gear look disproportionately good when, in reality, these would be reforged into haste or mastery and bring the rating down below the leather.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:05 pm 
Regular

Also, I just checked BiS for pre-raiding Moonkin, and it's all leather anyhow.