[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Elite 10-man raid for next patch

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Elite 10-man raid for next patch
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:31 am 
Regular

Wooties! After a long struggle, the first batch of people have their drakes! But the fight is not over yet- the following people still need achievements for their mount. Starting next week, we will start a new instance of Ulduar and begin the achievements again. Priority will go first to the folks who need the achievements we expect to complete that night, followed by folks for raid balance.

Firesinger: Vezzax, Freya
Chia: Mim, Vez
Whateley: Mim, Vez
Coreus: ?
Judrog: Yogg
Zivilyn: Freya
Malizz: ?
Revpardoctor: ?
Jekyll: ?
Zoble: Yogg, Vezzax, Mim, Freya

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:51 pm 
Regular

Congrats guys!

I came the first couple of weeks, and have the FL, XT, and Cat lady achievements. If Cliffton wanted to sit out or bring someone else (since I'm assuming he has his?) the I could come tank if you want.

If you guys don't need me though I have no problem not coming :) But it looks like you need just about everything for people again so if you wanted me to tank those and get one of your tanks the achievements on an alt or something, let me know.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:11 pm 
Regular

The weekly roster will be chosen based on a priority as follows:

1) Whoever is required to make the raid succeed (a second tank, 3rd healer, etc)
2) Regulars who need the achievement
3) Senior subs who need the achievement
4) Junior subs who need the achievement
5) Best fit for leftover slots

*Regulars include folks who were originally part of the raid and have been to most of the raid since
*Senior subs include the folks who consistenly came to wipefests with us
*Junior subs include folks who have come to raids with us and folks who have their mounts already

We will keep doing this until all of the regulars and senior subs have their mounts, or Blizzard takes it away. We will start a new Ulduar raid id, do every hard mode and achievement again. If no one in the raid on a given night needs that achievement, the boss will be skipped if possible or done on easy mode to conserve time. No more loot runs.

We won't restart Ulduar again until we kill Yogg+1 again. We will do each boss 0 or 1 times for every Yogg kill. If you need an achievement, make the raid. Be aware that by the time we do Yogg again, some folks will likely have missed achievements- possibly because there was not an open spot despite personal availability. That's simply a price we pay with imperfect attendence and more folks on the want list than slots in the raid. The goal is maximum mount potential with a preference towards the folks who have the most seniority in the raid. We make no garantees to please everyone, although we will try.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:09 pm 
Regular

As I only need 2 achievements (and a shot on Hard Thorim for a Runestone, he remembers me... in the mou) - Whateley + Ziv too, I'm fine with sitting out the early stuff for an applicable somebody who needs cheevs.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:00 am 
Regular

grats guys. was a lot of hard work and boss grinding to get those drakes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:52 pm 
Regular

I'll be on as many Saturday nights as possible for standby dps where needed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:31 pm 
Regular

Av-
You, me, Cliff, and everyone else who got their drakes last weekend have been downgraded to "Junior sub" along with folks who only came once/twice and can sign up as "Sub." The regulars (Fire, What, and Chia) who still need drakes and the "Senior Subs" like Jud/Ziv who went to numerous Mim/Yogg wipefests can sign up as "Regular." Just sign up as Sub if avaialble and I'll try to work out the roster in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:05 pm 
Regular

Rhaeyn,
Raid Ninja rejected my sub sign up for the Achievement raid. I'm available this weekend for sure. Just let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:13 pm 
Regular

Rose,

Oops, leftyou off the new "Jr Subs" list. You're a Jr sub because you have a mount; it helps me keep track of who has priority to confirm to a given week. Please try it again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:00 am 
Regular

Well that was loads of fun... on one night we got:
FL+4
25 dead Razorscale Iron Dwarves, so achieve for those who had 0, plus RZ still up if people need it in future (don't have to kill boss to get achievement)
Ignis
XT
IC
Kologarn
Cat Lady
Hodir
Thorim

Kicked some arse :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:06 am 
Regular

I also took the liberty of editing your post above Rhaeyn with the updates from tonight's raid. (The list of achievements people still need)

Didn't think you'd mind :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:14 am 
Regular

Grats, everyone on mounts! Coreus is the last person who needs achievements (and not hard ones)

NEXT WEEK- Algalon. Sign up, I will take the best raid fit as determined around Thursday (maybe Friday) when I get around to confirming. Read all about it. We only get 1 hour to do it, so not much time to learn the fight then.

NEXT NEXT WEEK. Reset ulduar. If Coreus is with us, we will do Thorim and Disarmed to get his mount, and the rest on easy mode. The point is to clear so we can work on Algalon (while wrapping up the mount).

Fast badgers- mostly achieved. Next week- Starcaller ;)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:57 pm 
Regular

Do we know where we're at with tonight's event, or how the roster is / was shaping up?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:18 pm 
Zealot

Looks pretty much full on raid ninja.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:51 pm 
Regular

Hate to miss a night now that we are smacking Alagon, but i wont be here this saturday, but should be around next Saturday Dec19, then, well, we will see, i am guessing we may miss a week or two due to Christmas and New years,,,,,

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:46 am 
Regular

Eh, Christmastime will do that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:46 pm 
Regular

Guys-
I've got 7 for Algalon, short on healers and tanks, and Coreus hasn't signed up yet. The weekly raid is XT. Please sign up by Wednesday (tomorrow) at 6pm server. If I don't have a full raid to confirm by then, I'm going to just call it so folks can pick up groups for the weekly raid before everyone gets saved. What with the holidays looming, I can't be certain we'd have a raid and I don't want to let everyone down when there's 5 frost badges involved.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:01 pm 
Regular

I am almost positive I can go. I committed to going to see a movie Saturday night but I'm guessing it will be over well in time unless Avatar is like a 4 hour movie. The showtimes aren't released until Thursday however.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:10 pm 
Regular

Should we not have a Algalon attempt for Saturday, is there any interest in getting a group together Thursday to do the XT raid?

I hate pugging the weekly raid, would rather go with Badgers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:09 pm 
Regular

Avatar is 2.5 hours long according to Google.

I will confirm the raid, including Zoble. We will do the weekly raid and Kologarn for Coreus' mount. Dwarven isn't signing up any more, so Firesinger is our only healer. It looks like we won't be doing Algalon again due to lack of healers.

Next week is canceled due to Christmas. The following week I will not be attending due to family visitation. Let's get Coreus' mount for his Christmas present.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next