[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - DS-Boss#8-Madness of Deathwing

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DS-Boss#8-Madness of Deathwing
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am 
Regular

Epic 2.0

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/102 ... p=14315841

Full Walkthrough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w70Q3Rh ... ture=g-all

http://www.icy-veins.com/madness-of-dea ... d-strategy

Post subject: Re: DS-Boss#8-Madness of Deathwing
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:59 pm 
Regular

Ok folks strategy talk, based on what I am reading and seeing it recommends we single tank madness for the extra DPS to kill the muted corruption tentacle on the last platform before the bolt. It also recommends 2 healing which is what Stylist's raid was doing. We can try that and see if P2 we still have trouble keeping ppl alive along with the tank.

So here are the changes:

1. single tank and (Optional 2 heal with Jud and Ziv), with extra DPS we should have the mutated corruption tentacle dead before the 2nd impale on any platform.
2. We will send 1 dps at the start to Kalecgos platform to DPS the tentacle there to about 90% (think either chia or del) the 10% less dmg we need to do on the last platform will allow us to beat the cataclysm cast.
3. On last platform we DPS will burn short burst CDs to kill the mutated corruption tentacle before we get the bolt.
4. We will pop hero right at the beginning of the fight to have it up for P2.

I think the key is finding the right DPS to healer balance so things die fast enough to not overwhelm the healers.

Looking at raid DPS, all the reg were on par or above their class DPS for the logs I looked at of other FM raids. Add in Del (+10k) and Sagenn's dps (+10K)and Blood's DPS (+20k) and we should break 400k raid DPS which will make the fight go a lot quicker lowering overall raid dmg.

I also noticed on damage taken we are not doing a good job of positioning for the muted crush attack thus a lot of dmg being taken to more than 1 target per crush. We need to stagger ourselves in a way that no more than 2 ppl get hit with crush:

Crush is a very damaging AoE attack that the Mutated Corruption uses regularly. It will target a random raid member, and damage everyone in a line between the Corruption and the target for a high amount of Physical damage (65,000 in LFR and 100,000 in 10 and 25-man difficulty).

Add additional tip for Jud to save Syr:

Impale can be completely avoided by using Hand of Protection after the Mutated Corruption started casting the ability...
This is especially useful on last platform without the Nozdormu slowing thingy, on the second impale which always comes at the same time (or really near) to Elementium Bolt explosion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:46 pm 
Regular

If Ziv's comfortable with it Disc would really shine here:
-PoH/Divine Aegis absorbs will give more effective health and less AoE overheal which will be better on healer mana overall (Prayers of Healing/Mending + Barrier and Holy Radiance/Light of Dawn should be enough for stack AoE dmg until Kalec's platform when we can get Enhancepardoctor + Sage (D-Hymn) to chip in - we want to use lock cookies here on the 4th Elem Bolt)
-Pain Supp extra CD on Impale
-Power Infusion to Del/Sage on burst phases
-bonus dmg buff from Kalec is pretty twinky for Atonement, healer dps also has the chance to proc Spellweaving
-etc etc

I'm pretty sure we'll have the DPS with a 3 healer line-up as the entirety of P2 is execute-spam which this raid derives a whole lot of its DPS from. Guys with 'Execute' spells may want to make a macro to really maximise DPS here while switching off to kill adds on DW's platform:
/cast [target=Deathwing] Shadow Word: Death/Kill Shot/Shadowburn etc etc; or just a focus execute macro which could be useful across the board.

On the whole we could be a bit more diligent/proactive with healer CDs on Impales and Elementium Bolts. Unfortunately SLT isn't much chop as an AoE CD on this fight as the entire raid's taking the same amount of damage and has little HP to redistribute so may be better used as an oh shit button even for tanks.
-AoE: Aura Mastery > Lightwell taps/Barrier > Divine Hymn > SLT > OT 4pc raidwall (if we have it)
-Tank: Guardian Spirit/Pain Supp > Bubble-Sac > SLT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:25 am 
Regular

Single tank seems doable. I am 90% sure the Impale leaves a debuff on the tank it hits that is +150% damage taken, but I'm having trouble verifying that because the Dungeon Journal doesn't explicitly mention the Impale debuff, and all the websites seem to take their information from that now. :roll:

I'm sure seven leet DPS would be enough to kill the tentacle before the second impale, but healers should probably be aware of the timer because Syrannia will need a Guardian Spirit/HoP to live through the second one if it happens on one of the later platforms. [For reference 400k + 150% = ONE MILLION DAMAGE :twisted: ]

After the first impale Syrannia will take increased damage due to the debuff. I'll have my Shield Wall up for the first ~10 seconds of it, but following that with a Sac would be ideal. I can turn on my "Shield Wall has faded" announcement if this would help time it better.

From memory the Elementium Bolt on Kalecgos' platform hits a short time before the second impale, but I'm admittedly fuzzy on this. When the raid moves away from where the bolt will land, does this take the healers out of range of the tank? If so we may want to get Jud to stay with Syrannia to keep the healing up. And if we do end up taking a second impale here [most likely one], HoP is probably the best way to survive it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:42 am 
Regular

So assuming 3 healers to start with, here is the sequence of events per platform:

1. Green Platform:

- DPS tentacle to 91%..no more to avoid aoe fire dmg, Sagenn and Whateley should range dot the Kalegcos claw to 92%
- Syr uses dream for the 1 impale and saves CDs for next platform
- As soon as Mutated tentacle comes up cast hero and burn it down quick, should die before bolt spawn
- Kill all the rest as normal

2. Red platform:

- DPS tentacle to 91%..no more to avoid aoe fire dmg
- 1st impale Syr uses CD
- DPS kill mutated tentacle as quickly as possible using short dps burst cds
- If bolt spawns and mutated is still up melee stays on mutated and only ranged switch, 4 ranged should be plenty to kill bolt
- Kill all the rest as normal

3. Yellow platform:

- DPS tentacle to 91%..no more to avoid aoe fire dmg
- 1st impale Jud BOPs Syr.
- DPS kill mutated tentacle as quickly as possible using short dps burst cds
- If bolt spawns and mutated is still up melee stays on mutated and only ranged switch, 4 ranged should be plenty to kill bolt
- Kill focus the 1st 2 sets of blisterings (DPS should have a /tar blistering tentacle macro'd for easier targeting

4. Blue Platform:

- DPS on tentacle as much as possible past 91% until Mutated spawns
- 1st impale Syr uses shield wall and Ziv uses Guardian spirit
- DPS kill mutated ( blow your bigger DPS CDs on this one, key is to kill it before bolt) If we are running 3 healers Ziv and Rev throw up all dots on Mutated too will help
- Assuming mutated is dead everyone stacks under claw and blows personal dmg reduc or avoidance CDs and Jud uses aura mastery.

Phase2:

1. All DPS focus fragment tentacles, ppl should call out if shrapnel cast is at 2/3 on bar so people can use dream to mitigate dmg.
2. All DPS focus the 2 big adds with Syr marking skull for kill target, use short burst DPS CDs for this, Syr will need a lot of healing for this and should save big CDs for when stacks get too high
3. After 1st set of adds down DPS DW to 12% then stop DPS
4. DPS switch to next set of adds with same rotation
5. As soon as adds die group stacks up and we blow hero and dps burn the remaining 12%. Healers should blow CDs at 5% like divine hymn bubble sac for DPS like Sagenn, and DPS should blow any dmg mitgating CDs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:34 am 
Regular

So far there has been enough time between tentacles to SW all of them, so unless we start doing platforms in less than 2 min each [possible], we can SW > Sac on each impale. If we do get them faster, we can still Sac it [1.5 min CD], and I'll Last Stand+Regen in place of SW. BoP/GS should only be needed if a second Impale gets off, which is most likely to occur on the 4th platform.

Probably worth mentioning in the strat to move away from the Fragment impact on platform 4. Can any of the healers clarify what is best to do here in terms of tank healing? Am I out of range of the stack?

The stacking debuff that the big adds in P2 apply to the tank hurts pretty bad on LFR-- I can only assume it's even hurtier on normal, so it may be worth using Hero once I pick them up instead of after they die. But we can see how it feels when we're there, since I'm venturing into guessing territory now. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:21 pm 
Regular

Yellowjacket that picture you have for tag is roflrific.. great stuff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:21 pm 
Regular

I am sure either way has it’s ups and downs, and not to get overconfident but IMO this is a 2 healer fight not a 3. On that note here are a few of the obstacles I see with the 2 healer version.
-Tanks were taking some decent spike dmg. Healing them overall isn’t an issue but with 2 healers obviously the rare occasional tank death is going to happen more than with 3.
-I think phase 2 should be fine with 2 heals The problem I forsee longterm is going to be managing the mana used to get through them. Having every possible mana regen option up and using dps cooldown for tanks as well as divine hymn, tranquility etc should be enough.. (taking the OP facemelter of dps for 8 seconds will be no big deal when we have an extra 25k dps the whole fight) Also having the extra dps will make the fight that much faster which will help a bit in itself with mana regen.
-Ziv going disc may or may not help for this fight, I have been contemplating it for a bit. Overall it looks like disc may be slightly better for the fight, though with the grouping holy certainly isn’t fail. My other priest is shadow and I have never used disc other than lately as I get back into some pvp, So there may be a small learning curve getting used to disc pve. Not %100 sure if the overall picture will be better as disc or Holy.
-As with Rhyolith or countless other fights one of the things that holds our raid back to 3 healers vs 2 is unnecessary dmg. If we went the 2 healer strat (like Stylist’s raid, because that always seems to be our comparison lols) then we also need our players to avoid the controllable dmg his raid seems to as well. 1/3 of the raid taking dmg to crush every 10 seconds can be healed through but not with any mana left for end phases.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:25 pm 
Regular

Syrannia, you are out of range on last stacking for bolt from stack point, and i think we did have jud up healing you.. though he seemed to die often there as well. a well planned/coordinated series of cooldowns probably has to be placed here. also although you are out of range, depending on jud's positioning he doesnt have to be.. so maybe jud can save you we can save jud kind of thing? /shrug

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:02 am 
Regular

On that last platform we need to kill that tentacle before the bolt so Syr can be back with us....also as a note for stacking in the back if the tentacle happens to still be up we cannot stack on top of each other otherwise we will all get hit by crush bu rather stack spread out in los of the tentacle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:18 am 
Regular

Yellowjacket wrote:
On that last platform we need to kill that tentacle before the bolt... otherwise we will all get hit by crush

Hopefully this will be possible, but otherwise, Divine Hymn could keep the raid alive while Jud and Syrannia stay up the other side with tank CDs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:47 pm 
Regular

I have played around and disc seems very viable for me, I will be bringing a disc spec and a holy spec this week. Also I have done a lot of tweeking and mana management won't be as much as an issue as I had thoguht at first.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:27 pm 
Regular

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/12/25/the-l ... mizing-yo/