[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Nefarian

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nefarian
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:15 am 
Regular

I think this is another decent Nef video, I think one of the keys is going to be doing 2 tanks and liberally use of snares an, fears etc. in Phase1 to keep Cad alive until they despawn. The extra DPS in P3 will help push over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgdfVAMg ... r_embedded

Post subject: Re: Nefarian
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:01 pm 
Regular

On next Nef attempt, if that happens the week after we will put Nuadort on Nef and Syrannia on adds in P3, can can tank DPS and support on blood heals and magic shield on electrocutes. We will tank Nef in center of the room, and according to all my readings the add tank only needs to move the adds as Nef is casting the spark to one of the adds so they don't get touched by flames..this gets increasingly faster from 30s between sparks to 10s..so if the add tank can pull off 2 resets we should be good. DPS just needs to run through Nef to other side if fire is a problem, Phase 3 is all about the add tank reacting to the spark cast at the right time , keeping them out of fire and not letting them get hit by flames, with Nef tanked in center the add tank can use the whole outter ring minus the Nef breath area, and if need to we can rotate Nef to face the side consumed by flames to free up all the space.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:23 am 
Regular

Yellowjacket wrote:
so if the add tank can pull off 2 resets we should be good. DPS just needs to run through Nef to other side if fire is a problem, Phase 3 is all about the add tank reacting to the spark cast at the right time

Just as a heads up - on the attempt we got Nef down to 8 mill (I kited around the entire outside ring) that was 2 resets. As well a built in time for the shadowblaze timer helps a lot (dbm has one).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:00 am 
Regular

Quote:
Just as a heads up - on the attempt we got Nef down to 8 mill (I kited around the entire outside ring) that was 2 resets. As well a built in time for the shadowblaze timer helps a lot (dbm has one).

If this is the case then maybe it's a dps issue. Perhaps we should be pushing Nef more in phase 2....

The issue here is Cad is a tank in our strat when we need his dps (and yes I know we've talked about this before.)

How is it others have done this with 2 tanks?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:40 pm 
Regular

This is an option to open up Cad to stay DPS. I will bring my bear to the April 8th raid. Also I don't know WTH is up with P1 killing us after pushing Nef past 70%, I've seen plenty of videos where raids have pushed 3 crackles on P1 and 1 on P2 so Nef is below 60% for P3 we will try that again as maybe it was a fluke when we got nuked even when Ony showed 91% on her bar.

Nefarian 10 nonHC: You can use a tanking pet (and glyph of misdirect/mending etc) to tank all 5 skeletons in P1. After 50 seconds they will die roughly at the same spot, which will make it easy for the tank in P3 to pick them up all at once.
(I also tried kiting them myself like our frostmage does, but that did not work out so well: one stun of a dragon's tail and it was game over for me.)

Edit: Ah now I understand how to get the 3rd crackle in P1 without killing us...

What you do is you split dps in such a way so that Onyxia is almost dead when nef is approaching 70%. And by almost, I mean 5-digit health. Then, once you get nef to 70%, you immediately kill Onyxia, BEFORE Nef gets the crackle off (it takes about 5 seconds). This will prevent his crackle from filling up her meter and causing her to explode. This means your healers have to heal the raid while running to the pillars, but if everyone blows cooldowns you can pull it off.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:03 pm 
Regular

i think we do need some type of kiting/CC or pet tanking strategy for Phase 1 to keep Cad as DPS. i'd like to try that this week.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:47 am 
Regular

Ok gang, next week we will probably extend the BWD ID and grind Nef until he is dead...I am posting another 10 man video with a very good detailed walkthru for all. I like the narration and it is clear where to avoid unnecessary risks for raiders to do, they did all of P3 from 70% so again they clearly mention it is not a dps check. Please watch this several times to get it down as to our positioning and roles. I think for p1 adds, a combo of Cad(DPS) picking up 1 or 2 adds and my turtle with most will work so we will see and probably need some work on it on the first few attempts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ_NawUD6j8&hd=1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:10 am 
Regular

That last video linked is a very good one - lays out all the information pretty clearly. One suggestion I thought was interesting was the part about practicing phase 3 (where we seem to need it) - burn Ony down right away, pretty much don't touch Nef at all in phase 1. Might be a good idea if we're set on add control in phase 1 - that would give us more practice on phase 2 and phase 3.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:55 am 
Regular

seems like we need a better CC strategy for Phase 1. unfortunately no mage, but do we have any other classes that can AoE CC?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:57 am 
Regular

read: http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/04/24/the-l ... -defeatin/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:41 pm 
Regular

FYI from EJ hunter tips for Nef.

For Nefarian, turning off Water Collision makes getting on the pillars a lot easier, with less stacks. DBM recently added a feature to turn it off for just this fight. But the feature itself is located in Interface -> Camera.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:02 pm 
Regular

with my taunts, stuns, and turn evils, i think i should help Cad on the adds in Phase 1.

Cad, do you have a frost DPS spec with the aoe stun ability?

Seems like a DK DPS + Pally healer should be able to reliably handle P1 adds, perhaps will a little CC help from folks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:37 am 
Regular

Judrog wrote:
with my taunts, stuns, and turn evils, i think i should help Cad on the adds in Phase 1.

Cad, do you have a frost DPS spec with the aoe stun ability?

Seems like a DK DPS + Pally healer should be able to reliably handle P1 adds, perhaps will a little CC help from folks.

Coincidental you bring this up because I was planning on respec'ing to frost going forward. So I'll make sure to spec into the stun.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:04 pm 
Regular

As a follow-up to Sagenn's comments since we have the core group this week we will be extending the raid ID and killing Nef the 1st few attempts will be around just getting into P3 burning Ony down quickly to trigger it. Sagenn has seen strats where the 10 man took all 9 crackles in P3, if we can do that or get close and only take 1 crackle in P1 and none in P2 I think we can beat this guy down.

Also Jud or another forum Admin can we move the strategies topic down to the other areas, too many ppl are having problems finding it.