[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - What to do on Friday Night's until MoP?

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What to do on Friday Night's until MoP?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:01 pm 
Regular

starting a thread.

i'm good with whatever. wouldn't mind achievement farming. Jud also needs some more herioc DS gear. alt raid is also good.

Post subject: Re: What to do on Friday Night's until MoP?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:10 pm 
Regular

I would love to finish the t13 meta.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:30 pm 
Regular

well folks losing a few core raiders due to RL stuff and just boredom with the game content, I think we need to mix it up. The T13 meta is going to be a grind trying to finish heroic spine and madness imo, not that I mind but we are having to pug ppl at this point every week which doesn't create synergy for progression learning. My personal take is if we continue to grind only DS every week I will lose more interest in the game than I already have.

Some other things we could do, I don't care if it's mains or alts:

- Finish Firelands cheeves for folks still needing mount and kill heroic Rag, we never even got to try that fight.
- Finish heroic BoT and kill the 5th boss
- Kill Heroic Nef
- Clear Heroic DS to spine every other week and extend when we think we have a solid group for Spine.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:01 am 
Regular

I'm at the point of starting to feel the burnout. At least with Dragon Soul ever week. While I'd very much like to finish the T13 meta as well, going like we did this last week with ~4 hours on heroic spine with a step forward-step back thing going I won't last much longer.

I like most of the ideas YJ listed, too. I'd also like to work on the rest of heroic T11 - we only got, what, 3 out of 12 bosses before moving on? Would like to give a few more of them a shot.

Maybe a rotation - Heroic DS one week, T11 (specified ahead of time so we know what bosses to study), Firelands for achieves/heroic Rag, then back to DS. Or DS every other week, something like that.

We probably have another 2 months, maybe 3, before MoP hits. Gotta try something different week after week, IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:39 am 
Regular

Can make the full raid this week (work move postponed), down for killing whatever :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:04 pm 
Regular

Whateley wrote:
I would love to finish the t13 meta.

I meant tier 11....sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:48 pm 
Regular

So, it sounds like it'll be about 7 weeks until the 5.0 patch hits (I've read it should be out 2 weeks prior to MoP coming out, which will be the 25th of September). We have the following days:

July 27
August 3
August 10
August 17
August 24
August 31
September 7

With 5.0 hitting prior to the next scheduled raid on the 14th. Personally, I'd say use those days for something fun or cake-walk like. Heroic LK, Yogg-Saron 0 keepers, Sunwell. I dunno, nothing stressful to ring out Cataclysm.

September 14
September 21

My suggestions would be:
July 27 - Heroic Firelands for achievements, work on heroic Rag
August 3 - T11 meta (Bastion of Twilight, probably)
August 10 - T11 meta (Blackwing Descent, maybe?) - I'm out this week
August 17 - Dragon Soul achievements for meta - I'm out this week too
August 24 - Firelands for Rag/more T11
August 31 - T11 (Throne of the four winds?)
September 7 - Final push for Dragon Soul heroic spine/madness

Let's get some other suggestions out there, those are just off the top of my head thoughts.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:42 pm 
Regular

maybe we can use the Stoli raid id to skip ahead to heroic spine so a few attempts then move on o the fun stuff? otherwise i think Sage's suggestions sounds good...we can work on the t11 meta in that time i hope?

in other news if Chia is coming we'll have 10 this week but only 2 healers....Fravarti wanna come?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:45 pm 
Regular

this week we're doing Heroic FL and DS right? or are we going by Sages's thingie?

don't forget to go here too: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2015&p=18294#p18294

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:21 am 
Regular

My vote is Heroic Rag above everything else. It's something I'd really like to do before it becomes completely trivialised at L90.

Other than that, the other Heroic end bosses, Nefarian, Sinestra. Wind guy to a lesser extent. Not quite sold on the meta stuff, but we can look at it boss by boss.

Also, I think if we're in DS at all at this point we should be focusing on picking up achievements where we can.
- Morchok cheeve sounds easy but RNG.
- Ultraxion should be simple with a bit of planning. Plenty of stuff like Warrior Safeguard, Pain Suppression and Divine Sac to help those who don't have their own CDs.
- Hagara cheeve doesn't require a kill, so we can do it on Normal without risk and wipe.

- Deck Defender sounds like it could be problematic, probably easiest to sacrifice a Heroic kill [and the gear :cry:] to complete.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:31 pm 
Regular

I think Heroic Rag is at the top of our list, I agree probably won't follow Sage's schedule down to the T, assumes we have zero problems with any lower tier heroic bosses.

This coming Fri, assuming we are not missing anyone aside from Chia due to RL work schedule, the plan is to extend for shots at heroic spine with a time cap of 2hrs max, or earlier if it is just not working out.

The on to FL extended ID, kill heroic baleroc, Fandral (attempt pre-fight cheeve here for those that don't have it) , then finish off heroic rag.

Please ensure you pass on the word to review the heroic video here to prep for Phase 4 roles and positioning. This will still be a challenging fight just for sheer execution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry394tAy0J8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:27 pm 
Regular

btw, i'm here for this friday's raid though not sure i'll be able to accept in game before Friday due to travels.