[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Progression

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Progression
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:28 pm 
Regular

Given the time constraints of the raid we need to come up with ways of increasing raid progression.

There are two options I can think of:

1. Add a second night to the raid
2. Extend lockouts.

I personally prefer the first option but avilability is a problem for some folks.

Please respond to this thread with your ideas and thoughts.

Post subject: Re: Progression
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:41 am 
Regular

please respnd to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:22 pm 
Regular

I think recruitment is probably the best thing we can do for the raid. I really like the casual feel of our raid and the lack of a heavy attendance requirement is important for keeping us from getting burned out. The downside to that is that we need subs often, but the frequency that we need them at least means we can offer any potential subs a decent chance to raid.

I don't think extending lockouts is a good idea while we're still gearing up for the tier.

Also, I would like to sarcastically thank Blizzard for this seven-boss tier where any item you need is necessarily 1 of about 30 possible boss drops. Which for some reason they decided to add random enchant gear to as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:14 pm 
Regular

I am fine with a 2nd night if someone wants to take the effort of organizing it and running it, I will not be able to come and I think a few others. Chocolate Martini went ok for a few weeks but broke off due to I think lack of effort to sustain it and get attendance. I joined Db for the fact that the single night raid fit my lifestyle demands and schedule, though I play every night it is casual and when I need to jump off I don't feel I am leaving ppl hanging therefore I won't commit to another night to stay sane and married :).

I think we should consider a date to do an extension when we do have our core group, the benefits of downing Rag which allows all the raiders access to hardmodes allows us more options, the straight linear progression in this tier might not be warranted since it is one instance and we have more to gain by killing the last boss than we did the previous tier where their were technically 3 last bosses.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:24 am 
Regular

As long as I'm preaching for recruitment of subs, I might as well put my money where my mouth is and offer to pursue this myself. Assuming the raid's blessing, I'm happy to spam trade/forums with our message and go over any potential sub recruits for easily recognisable signs of knowing-what-they're-doing, or even talk with them about what they are looking for in a raid or for an explanation of why they gemmed for this or specced for that.

Should I direct people to the forums for an official app? S'just I haven't seen anyone do that recently, so I'm not sure how relevant it is.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:24 pm 
Regular

In terms of extending our lockout, I vote that after our first Staghelm kill, we put in a good try on Rag, at least until it seems apparent that we're hitting the proverbial wall on him. Or until we kill him. =)

I'm assuming that it still works that if we don't kill a boss, we still have the option to reset the raid ID..?

But still, I think the imperative should be to make sure that we have a decent roster to begin with so that we don't get held up on farm content for five hours.