[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Looking ahead -- Patch 4.2 and Firelands raid

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking ahead -- Patch 4.2 and Firelands raid
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:45 pm 
Regular

Firelands is on the horizon and there are a few things that we could probably start planning for ahead of time:

Roster I think it's a good idea to confirm well ahead of time who intends to be around at the first week of 4.2 to make sure we have a solid lineup [and hopefully class synergy] to hit that tier hard. I say "intends to" noting that we might not know when the patch will drop until less than a week before.

Legendary Staff I'm sure we have at least a few deserving candidates, and this could end up being contentious if the decision isn't made clearly and with input from the whole raid.

Crafting drops Firelands has been confimed to have epic pattern drops, so it's probably a good idea to have a Blacksmith*, Leatherworker and Tailor [and Enchanter?] ready to ensure these do not go to waste, and to make sure anyone in the guild who needs a BoE crafted knows who to ask. Who in the raid has these professions currently?

--
*Sy is happy to go Blacksmith if nobody else has claim to this. [Alchemy is too contested a market to make any serious money with on Feathermoon anyway -_-]

[Edit: yeah, I meant Legendary staff. =P]

Last edited by Coreus on Wed May 04, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Looking ahead -- Patch 4.2 and Firelands raid
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:02 pm 
Regular

I will be here unless otherwise dead :P.... I think we are short a BS and Leatherworker in raid and guild overall unless we have alts, let's get an inventory and plan for switches if needed when Firelands gets closer. I am hoping the patterns are BoE by that time so we don't end up wasting time on prof switches and I believe the guild overall has the professions covered.

As for the epic " legendary" staff until we get more details around how viable it is to obtain we can decide, in general past raiding history we have always moved on with content unable to get anyone a legendary based on drops e.g. Jud still waiting on his Ulduar shards and Roselee ended only up getting 10 out of the 50 ICC shards he needed.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:23 pm 
Regular

I plan to be around as well, one night a week isn't too hard to plan around. :) I can cover enchanting and tailoring, I know Whateley has the same. It looks like the patterns might be BoE, so alts can cover some stuff as needed. My DK is a Blacksmith, if you don't want to switch professions, I can cover that too.

As for the staff, I think (based on the fact that it is supposed to be obtainable at the same rate for 10's and 25's) we'll have a pretty good shot at it, though of course we'll need more details before we can really decide. I'd be happy to take a shot at it, as I'd expect all our casters would be. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:56 am 
Regular

staff sounds like hunter loot....

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:45 am 
Regular

^ I approve of this message....because Blizz has been a bitch to me for RNG bracers :?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:23 pm 
Regular

I would love the staff, but seeing as Sagenn is a better dps'r than I, it might behoove us to give it to him first....of course if by overwhelming popular demand ya'll feel I should have it I will graciously accept the weapon.

In terms of being around, yes I plan on being here as well seeing as I won't be starting grad school for another year or so.

Maybe we should delegate Sage and I as the guild tailor and enchanter respectively. This way if one of us is unavailable we'll have at lesat one of these covered (....and god damn it I wanna feel important :P)

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:56 pm 
Regular

ok we will resolve the staff the WoW way..5...4...3...2....1...../Roll :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:09 pm 
Regular

according to random.org i rolled a 57 out of a 100.

Top that Sage!

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:18 pm 
Regular

I'm a leatherworker.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:48 pm 
Regular

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=188751/ ... uest-guide

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:05 pm 
Regular

Interesting. Looks a lot like Shadowmourn, the item-collection part at least. Probably very expensive too. Hope the fragment drop rate doesn't require heroic modes to be obtained at a reasonable rate.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:33 pm 
Regular

Syrannia is now a Blacksmith. =D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:59 am 
Regular

seriously- whose getting the epic staff?!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:16 am 
Regular

I would say regular casters that qualify should rng roll to make it fair and happy for all