[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Made raid rules an Announcement message type

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Made raid rules an Announcement message type
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:59 pm 
Regular

I moved your Raid Rules to an Annoucement rather than a normal message. This will accomplish a couple of things:
a) It'll always be on top
b) It'll be distinct
c) Only Admins for this forum can edit or reply to them (pretty sure, need to double check).

I saw Whateley mis-posted trying to offer his Shadow priest. That's not necessarily wrong, but you don't really want your raid rules to get cluttered with apps as they will swiftly become out of date.

Also, I deleted a bored Ducky's attempts to further derail the raid rules with a "SECOND POST!!" message. I saw it, deleted it. He saw that I deleted it, and apparently thought "That's funny. I wonder why my extremely important message didn't get saved? Oh, well. I will take the time to re-post it so the world can see my brilliance." I deleted it again and then took this action. I, for one, want your raid to be taken seriously.

Post subject: Re: Made raid rules an Announcement message type
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:22 pm 
Regular

I was going to ask you to do that for me anyway. So thanks without me asking!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:37 pm 
Regular

It's not really easy to see. When you create a new topic or edit the first post in a thread, there are some options above the Submit! button. One of them is a series of radio buttons labeled:

Post topic as: Normal Sticky Announce Global

As admins of this forum, you should have access to this. If not, let me know and I'll go muck around with permissions again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:29 am 
Regular

I do not have the ability to post stickies or global announcements in the Stoli Forum. I just tried.

- Bo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:56 pm 
Regular

I made your post a sticky and bumped the permissions on the Stoli forums for the Stoli Officers group. Try now?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:01 am 
Regular

I now have the options to change msg type, and lock msg's. Looks like it worked.

Thanks!