[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Potential Raid Roster

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Potential Raid Roster
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:33 pm 
Regular

Just jotting this down so I have an idea of what we have in mind

- Tank -
MT: Stonebelly
OT: Slip's Warrior or Coreus' Druid

- DPS -
Mage: Skree
Warlock: Me
Shaman/Offheals: Odessa (Rose)
PhysDPS: Avrus (rogue, maybe warrior at some point)
Boomkin: ?
Other DPS: Shadow Priest, Hunter, DK?

- Healer -
MH: Bogre
OH: Slip on his shaman?

- Thoughts -
If we have Coreus' druid MT .. we could have slip as OH .. but that means 2 shamans .. if we have Coreus Boomkin, and slip tank we have potentially 2 warriors ..

-Xel

Post subject: Re: Potential Raid Roster
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:47 pm 
Regular

I'm ok with Avrus bringing his warrior later on. But as with everybody else, I would expect the warrior to meet the minimum gear requirements. Also, the understanding that he may have to flip flop Avrus in hard/heroic modes until the warrior gets better gear.

---
As long as odessalee meets the requirements I'm fine with him bringing his shaman since he wants the achievement run with Rhaeyn.

---
Two warriors is fine with me. But since having Avrus swap out is going to be an inevitability we now have 2 concerns.
1) We will need a another source of misdirection.
2) We need a class with replenishment.

---
Slip is at least a week out from meeting the gear requirement IMO. I think we should approach him about this at the very least. I have no issues running heroics with him if needed.

What slip has to say will be the major factor on how we can break things down.

---
Just like Paladins, Shamans have multiple uses. So I don't really have a big issue with multiple shaman.

---
With all this said, if slip agrees and gears up to tank this is what the makeup would looking.

- Tank -
OT: Slip's Warrior

- DPS -
Warlock: Xelian
PhysDPS: Avrus (rogue, maybe warrior at some point)
Boomkin: Core
Other DPS: Shadow Priest?

- Healer -
OH: Open

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:38 pm 
Regular

You have been communicating with folks other than Marg, right? People don't like to get left in the lurch. Also, you should tell Marg "Let's do an instance" or "buzz off" or something.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:18 pm 
Regular

Stonebelly, Core, Skree, Odesalee, Xelian, and Bogre are all confirmed raiders.

I tried to talk to slip today but he was AFK. So I mailed him.

I want to at least talk to marg before not even inviting marg. Since I didn't see marg on, I also mailed marg and am awaiting a reply.

Avrus is still a bit of a concern. While I am happy to allow his warrior in, he only wants to tank with his warrior. Letting him swap in with his warrior is not only unfair to one of our tanks, but will set us back considerably with gear progression for our tanks. IMO Both tanks need to be appropriately geared. As well as the healers. Having a low end DPS can be made up for with skill and gear overall until they catch up. Any input on this would be awesome.

- Bo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:03 pm 
Regular

Hahaha, he wants to tank with his warrior and is seriously entertaining any notion at all of doing so with this raid? That's so nieve. Tanks have to form or be the first person to jump on a raid in order to secure a spot. You can't "jump on a raid" by being level 75 and casually gaining experience. A flat out "No" to Avrus' warrior is certainly in your raid's best interest.

But that brings up some issues with Avrus. Now, he's a Whiskey raider who won't need any loot (maybe one item early on) and will soon get bored who is also annoyed and bitter when his warrior hits 80 and you start sharding the tanking drops. I don't believe I would make him a regular- he'll probably wander off in frustration after a short while. Worse, the "Friends with Stonebelly" hook is just a strong possiblity of Stone deciding to go ret when Avrus' warrior hits 80 and the warrior/Stone "swapping roles." That would set you behind for like a month, non-optimally double up on prot warriors, and potentially lead to the loss of 2 raiders instead of one.

Be very up front with him. It's always possible that I'm searching for ways things could fail, and that Avrus is responsible enough to make up his own mind and has a firm grasp on what is really in the raid's best interest. If you're still concerned after chatting with him, there is always the diplomatic "We want to give a raid option to folks who aren't regulars in Whiskey already. so more guildies who want to can have the chance to raid." It only rings a little hallow with the (surprising and annoying) lack of response you've gotten.

As for Marg, of course. It's only fair to him and your raid both to make your own opinions of him. He's disc when he heals, so be certain that you use a mod that estimates his shield abilities or his numbers will look worse than they already are. We've already demonstrated that a situationally aware raid fight where the healers cannot cover for eachother like Twin Valks is a great proving ground.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:44 pm 
Regular

I talked to Avrus, he understands that he will not be able to tank on his warrior and is ok with this.
The issue, is Avrus goes to Rhaeyn's 10man ulduar achievement run, which I remember her saying will do 10man toc at some point.

He won't be able to come with us to Ulduar, which makes me think we can't really take him he's just divided between too many raids.

-Xel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:04 pm 
Regular

That would take us to the following roster:

- Tank -
OT: Slip's Warrior

- DPS -

- Healer -
OH: Marg

If my math is right on this. We have 2 DPs slots open. A misdirection is required still. And possibly a a tank spot since slip and I seem to be playing msg tag.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:59 pm 
Regular

Ya def a misdirect, and/or another melee dps (we only have 1) a DK wouldn't be bad.

-Xel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:25 pm 
Regular

Updated roster:

- Tank -
OT: Slipfox
- DPS -

- Healer -
OH: <empty>

Marg is waiting to commit based on the loot rules. Basically he wants a DPS slot, not healing.

Confirmed Raiders:
Xelian, Skreeonk, Bogre, Odesalee, Slipfox, Core, Stonebelly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:01 pm 
Regular

- Tank -
OT: Core
- DPS -
Boomkin: ?
Misdirect: Rogue/Hunter
MeleeDPS: Warrior/Rogue/DK

- Healer -
OH: Slip

If we get a rogue for the misdirect slot, we should get another ranged, like a shadow priest or a hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:23 pm 
Regular

Moonkin: Chat with Caradel (Caladir). He's an ex-moonkin who's getting excited about it again since the 3.2 major buffage.
Rogue: Bromme. Instanced with him, he's an okay guy, nver really raided with him
Holy priest: Chat with Aleryan about his priest (he's also got a hunter). Ale is a Whiskey raider and has a girlfriend (I know him irl), however, so not sure if his schedule lends itself to another raid.