[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Raid Review for 02-23-2011

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Raid Review for 02-23-2011
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:38 pm 
Regular

LOGS:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l0golo4o6do7x230/

I forgot to turn on the logs for Magmaw... oops. We got him in 5 attempts. Slipfox did well and he picked things up quickly. We are still having some aggro issues though. Cyberg and Dunatis were constantly riding about 10-20% behind slip in threat. I think this is what is causing them to be targeted by Magmaw at the end of the spike phase. I also wondered if it was a random target, but it is almost reliably Cyber or Dunatis getting hit at the end of the phase.

We got the Omnitron Defense System in 10 tries. Good job guys! We have it down, so there shouldn't be any real problems.

Maloriak is very much a gear check for us. Last night it showed that we are lacking enough to deal with it. The plan to fix that is to kill some BoT bosses and make sure we have the absolute best rep/heroic gear possible.

Last edited by Bogre on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Raid Review for 02-23-2011
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:43 pm 
Regular

Just a not Bogre, get "auto combat log" addon on curse, takes the whole issue out of turning the log on and off when in raid.

A couple of notes on Maloriak I noticed based on looking at a few things on the logs:

- Flash freeze people take initial dmg and dmg when broken out, this becomes relevant especially after arcane storm. People should call out flash frozen and healers need to top them off before breaking since normally it only takes basic white dmg attack from dps to break them out, executing a breakout too fast could insta gib them especially if they already took arcane storm dmg. Still the breakout should occur within 3s.

- People marked with consuming flames should be focused healed as it is an escalating dmg tick, it is a bit tricky because initially the person takes little dmg but by 6s or more they are taking some big dmg rolling hots cast immediately help mitigate this

- You biggest problems obviously were healers getting hit by aberrations and the aberration tank dying sometimes not getting only 1 direct heal in 15s. Normally you should have your best high mitigation tank taking these abberations to smooth out the dmg curve when all 9 are up, also DK tanks and pally tanks do well for this job with their aoe and strong ranged taunts. This tank should be very quick on the keys to snatch up aggro before any aberration can make it to a healer as they hit cloth for 15k+ each.

- Overall I think if the tanks pickup a enough gear to be around 353 ilvl avg along with healers the fight will become easier, most of your DPS are fine except for maybe Dras, DPS should be pulling 10k to make the fight manageable and the aberrations go down quickly enough during green vial so they don't fully evolve and destroy the OT.

Post subject: Re: Raid Review for 02-23-2011
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:30 pm 

I tried to make sure no dot's were on him for end of the spike phase. I wonder if using invisibility at the end of the phase would help. I hate being so squishy.