[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Stoli 01-07-2010 We need help!

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Stoli 01-07-2010 We need help!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:03 pm 
Regular

Rawr for Vore
Current gear changes
Head - Yellow socket gem to Nightmare Tear (+10 stats)

Available non ICC upgrades
Cloack - Regem +34 Str, enchant Great speed

Belt - Yellow socket to 10 str 10 crit

Boots - Yellow socket to 10 str 10 crit

Head - no upgrade

Neck - Collar of Ceaseless Torment - Icehowl (H10) (29.5)

Shoulder - no upgrade

Back - no upgrade

Chest - no upgrade

Wrists
Armguards of the Netherlord - Jaraxxus (H10) (33.07)
Titanium Spikeguards - Blacksmithing (29.12)

Gloves
Gloves of the Silver Assassin - Faction Champions (H10) (26.20)

Belt
Girdle of the Impaler - Icehowl (H10) (33.37)

Legs - no upgrade

Feet
Grinning Skull Boots - HoR Chest(H) (7.75)
Sentinel Scouting Greaves - Jaraxxus (H10) (4.45)

Rings
Carnivorous Band - Icehowl (H10) (63.89)
Dexterous Brightstone Ring - 35 Triumph (43.67)
Carnivorous Band - Icehowl (10) (39.39)
Planestalker Signet - Jaraxxus (H10) (32.48)

Trinket
Mjolnir Runestone - Cache of Storms (Uld10) (100.09)
Needle-Encrusted Scorpion - Devourer of Souls (H) (75.39)
Darkmoon Card: Greatness - BoE (59.75)

Weapon - no upgrade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:16 pm 
Regular

Roselee wrote:
However, as a tank, I did like having Shane 180 degrees from me because it made it obvious who had agro. Perhaps 120 degree stagger on the tanks if this doesn't effect the ranged blood nova spacing. Not important, but it was nice.

This didn't cause any problems with the blood beasts with my new positioning, I think the 120 stagger might make it easier on melee dps so they can find that nice spot that's always behind so they don't have to constantly be moving.

Roselee wrote:
Also I think we should focus on getting two pure dps (hybrids are good, but main spec dps), as opposed to a third healer. Having the third healer is a crutch that we are beating ourselves with. Not to say that we can't have someone off spec for healing occasionaly, but that should not be the norm.

We need at least 1 Hybrid DPS because we cannot currently do Marrowgar w/o 3 healers. But I do agree that their mainspec should be DPS.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:19 pm 
Regular

I caught Dizzy online and asked him to armory Vore. Vore is over hit cap, so Dizzy wants a str/crit gem in the boots instead of the hit enchant, and he wants a Nightmare Tear gem in the hat.

He says to pick up every socket bonus of 3 str or better that can be taken with a yellow gem (which is like all of them). Glyph of Disease is better than Glyph of Dark Death for blood DPS. Rotation seems okay based on the WoL parse, but Dizzy agreed that Vore should be doing more damage than Troa (given gear) or Xelian (given target swaps). An in-person chat might help clarify any potential issues.

Unholy spec might increase DPS overall (but tricky to manage). Since Unholy is gimped on Saurfang, Vore should keep on truckin' in Blood until this boss stops being the sticking point for your raid.

... didn't Skree get Eye of the Broodmother a long time ago? Why isn't she still equipping it? :P Moonkin still is! Trinkets are especially deceptive; ilevel has little to do with DPS.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:32 pm 
Regular

Rawr for Ivory

Ivory
Current Item Upgrades
Bracers - Regem to 20 Agi

Weapons - Enchant with exceptional Agility

Ammo - Epic crafted ammo

Gloves - Regem to 10Agi 10 Haste

Belt - Add a belt buckle, Regem to all 20 Agi

Legs - Regem blue socket to Nightmare tear. Enchant Icescale leg armor

Boots - Regem to 10 Agi 10 Haste. Enchant Superior Agility

Available non ICC upgrades
Head
Dragonstalker's helm - Ony(25)
Helm of the Silver Ranger - Faction Champions(H10)

Neck
Colloar of Ceaseless Torment - Icehowl (H10)

Shoulders - no upgrade

Back - Drape of the Faceless General - Vezax (not sure if it is hard mode)

Chest
Armor of the Shifting Shadows - Lightbane (H10)
Armor of the Shifting Shadows - Lightbane (10)

Bracers - no upgrade

Gloves
Gloves of the Silver Assassin - Faction Champions (H10)

Belt - no upgrade

Legs - no upgrade

Feet
Sentinel Scouting Greaves - Jaraxxus (H10)
Sentinel Scouting Greaves - Jaraxxus (10)
Boots of the Living Scale - Leatherworking

Ring
Planestalker Signet - Jaraxxus (H10)

Trinket
DMC:Greatness - BoE
Needle-Encrusted Scorpion - Devourer of Souls (H)
Mirror of Truth - 40 Heroism

Weapon
Icefall Blade - Lightbane (H10)

Ranged
The Diplomat - Lightbane (H10)
Rifled Blastershot Launcher - Ony(25)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:20 am 
Regular

Yay festergut's down!

I was combatlogging but relogged and forgot to turn it on, so boo :( ..

We needed 3 healers .. so having a flex dps and healer is important .. because 3 healers are really needed for us on that fight. It was good we had the damage to put him down.

-Xel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:30 am 
Regular

Grats, guys!
The ability to have 3 healers is definately important. I was subbing in Lurne's ICC10 on Troa and we could could not down either Festergut or Rotface. They only had 2 healers, and called it. Next week they're going back with 3 healers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:45 am 
Regular

Definately big gratz on Festergut guys! You are ahead of Chaser in Progression for the moment :wink: . Also BTW..I use a mod called AutoCombat log which turns on and off the combat log when I go into a raid instance...saved me many times on trying to remember turning the damn thing on and when disconnects happen, you pick it up from Curse.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:49 am 
Regular

We would have got some time in on Rotface (and maybe downed him) if not for looking for pugs, finding replacements for "someone" leaving an hour into the raid .. and a poorly chosen afk break that was my fault ><

-Xel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:44 pm 
Regular

Loggerhead also automatically keeps the log. I use it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:12 pm 
Regular

Thanks, Rhaeyn and YJ. :)

Xelian, no worries about the afk thing. You didn't know that respawns were that quick. But the combat log debacle is unacceptable; this blatant negligence and disregard is the last straw. I need you to pack your things and hand in your badge and stapler. I'm sorry to say but we can no longer afford to keep you here at Stoli.

Heads-up, Whiskey: Plague wing respawns in about an hour, did someone say?

The pug thing may work out for our roojiness deficit with Rufios. But... oh boy... leave alone those people who can't maintain a certain degree of courtesy and commitment, shall we?

Rose, tell me again what you need for those Super Fortitude/Spirit scrolls. Those were rather handy under the circumstances.

Yah, 3 healers until people get the hang of the fight. Survivability in new content, right? (I learn very little on the floor.) Festergut needs a certain amount of DPS and the tank mechanic helps provide this. Gastric Bloat increased our DPS; Roselee was pumping out 4k dps. It was fun to see Shred doing 13k crits.

"In the world of martial arts, speed determines the victor." -Beast, from Kung Fu Hustle

"Fear not, little cub. For the Almighty Zoble goes with you wherever your path may lead." -The Digital Druidic Gospel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:51 am 
Regular

Nice Job everyone last night. I have no doubt we would have gotten rotface if the pally would have gone offline.

A couple things to note to streamline our plans.
Ignoring the spores after the first exhale (whatever it's called) .. cuts about 20 seconds off our enrage timer, the increase in dps because we don't have to move seems to make up for it. We made it but it was really close. Heroism will eleviate that, as will better gear.

I would like Ivory to set up a target blood beast macro just like I have, so he can take over as primary in case I get the mark. I'll post some macro's here to help with assisting and targeting later tonight.

-Xel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:17 pm 
Regular

xelian wrote:
Nice Job everyone last night. I have no doubt we would have gotten rotface if the pally would have gone offline.

I'm sure you meant "would NOT have gone offline." :D

A macro thread for our DPS is a good idea though. Let's start it under a new topic.

- Bo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:56 am 
Regular

Just as a recommendation, hunters should have blood beast duty on the Suarafang fight, with DPS as secondary priority. With frost and snake traps down, the ranged taunt, deterrence, disengage..we were built for handling these adds and not getting hit, you should just macro an assist to Ivory. Also I save my multi-shot/aimed shot CD for when blood beasts spawn to pull quick threat, if I lose one or one get's stuck in melee I pop a distracting shot to pull it off.

Show here's my typical cycle:

- drop frost and snake traps 15yds from boss at 15s on beast spawn timer, just stay there if not in 12yds of anyone else (ppl usually leave the middle clear for me).
- Don't blow aimed/multi-shot in rotation within 10s spawn timer of beasts
- Beast spawn, target one, multi, followed by any other instants, ensure both are on you, if one is in melee..target and disttract shot. Disengage before they reach you and they should pop the traps
- If they are not dead by the time they reach you feign, let them get distance to their new target and pop off shots again and distract if necessary. Disengage again if needed..and use concussive shot for a slow if needed.
- Rinse and repeat for each spawn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:12 am 
Regular

I really appreciate this kind of role ownership on saurfang. Not only does it make the beasts go smoother but increases my own dps not only on the beasts but back on saurfang if i never have to interrupt my rotation to pick a target, i just tab until they're targettable and go nutz having confidence that i wont get hit and wont have to move because X hunter is going to get it off of me.

Your dps may take a hit but take pride in the fact that you're so damn helpful to the raid.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:17 pm 
Regular

We found having Ivory's traps lowered his DPS too signifigantly.

Currently we root the "2nd" beast and burn down the first. With Mind Flay and/or shaman slow totem it dies before it gets to me, if not I use shadowfury.

I have no problem assisting off another, the main issue is making sure if the main assist gets mark, someone else will take over so we can let them die.

The letting them die plan just goes so smoothly.

-Xel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:26 pm 
Regular

Indeed. This amount of scatter-cc is important in 25-player when there are a bunch of beasts which aren't the current "kill" target (what is it, 6?). In 10, it is possible to get away with a more traditional single-cc and a quick burn on the other. The trick is to root the beast just outside (so it doesn't turn and smash) but as far away from the ranged as possible.

If Stoli plans to go MEGA, it wouldn't hurt to learn the larger raid strategy. On Mega-Stoli, you may want to contact Malizz/Halexx and Lurne. Your raid times for 3 ICC-10s are pretty similar currently, and I believe some of the player-base is shared via alts. You may be able to combine with them to form your 25.