[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - To the raid leadership

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: To the raid leadership
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:52 pm 
Regular

Name this raid! The convention is to pick your favorite liquor (this IS the Drunken Badgers). Reserved names include Whiskey, Vodka, and Brandy. Other than that, pick your poison. Suggesion: Schnapps. "That boss was pwned, O Schnapps!" "Your puns are terrible! Schnapps it!"

Pick your raid times! If you have interest in the Australian contigent of DB, 6:00pm on weekends is the standard compromise. If your personal schedules are unable to be Aussie-friendly, make sure they know that in Oz before they get excited. Feel free to run at the same time as Whiskey (6-11pm Fridays), but keep in mind that you won't be able to draw on Whiskey raid member's alts for subs. That's not necessarily a bad thing. I would really like for all the folks in the guild who aren't in Whiskey to have an in-guild raiding option.

I'd advise strongly against using the alts of Whiskey raid members as regulars in your raid. We make great subs in that we are seasoned raiders - we tend to be geared, know our class, know the instance, and are communicative about our availability. However, we reach burnout much more swiftly, and your raid will likely be second priority. You probably won't want us as regulars. Over-reliance on Whiskey raid member's alts was a major failing of a previous raid, and I'd hate to see that repeated here.

Set the tone of your raid. Whiskey is hardcore, but it's been around for a long long time and can afford to be very picky. Starting raids do not have that luxury- and you may not even *want* to be hardcore. For starters, I'd suggest requiring Vent (no mic), DBM, PallyPower for paladins, full enchants (but not the most expensive ones, and perhaps make shoulders optional), rare-quality gems (epic gems optional), flasks, and ilevel 200 epics. These are all pretty easy and relatively cheap to come by, and anyone who does not meet these requirements will likely be unable to make a significant contribution in an Ulduar 10. The upside is that the guild is full of folks who already meet this bar, folks who almost meet this bar, and folks who are willing to help.

Raid Ninja is a useful tool for managing signups. It's largest strength is its ability to differentiate between "Regulars" (who will have a spot every week they sign up), and "Subs" (who may not have a spot, even if they sign up, if all the regulars can make it). This difference is most important in a 25 person raid, which often need at least one sub every week. However, it's still pretty handy for 10 person raids. The downside of RN is that it requires some annoying setup- but once established it needs little maintenance. If you would like to use Raid Ninja, please let me know and I will show you how.

Suicide Kings is the loot system that the Whiskey raid uses. It's esentially the system you used in your previous 10 person raid, only abstracted over several raids. That is, it's basically open roll among regulars, with priority given to those who have recieved an upgrade least recently (though there are some nuances). It also handles "Need" and "Greed" rolls for offsets at the same time as bidding, thereby speeding up loot tremendously. Zoble has the mod that keeps track of all of this. In my experience, it is an extreme pain in the ass to run this mod as it is buggy and no longer supported by the creators. However, it does work and I am unaware of any other loot mods that work better. In my experience, 25 person raids that do not use some sort of DKP-like system lose the interest of their regulars much more easily. 10 mans experience this to a lesser extent, but it's still there. However, it's not even necessary to use a mod. Open rolls are fine, too.

You will have the full support of the guild leadership in your raid, and you can expect additional support from the Whiskey leadership. If you have any questions, need any help, want to bounce around ideas, or simply want a shoulder to cry on when things get frustrating- we are here for you. Please make use of us as a resource. Guild officers include Mogri, Rhaeyn, Cliffton, Chiaroscoro, Jezrael, Emelin, Cerheal, Zoble. Whiskey officers include: Judrog, Revpardoctor, Halexx/Malizz, Chia, Jezrael, Zoble. There may be more folks I forgot to list :P

Post subject: Re: To the raid leadership
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:08 pm 
Regular

Hey all,

As our friendly moonkin Rhaeyn pointed out. I'm starting a 10-man raid. I'll keep posting to this thread as I have all the details figured out. Since virtually nobody here knows me, let me give you a brief history of my raiding. I raided all of BC, that's where I got to know Xelian as he was in my raid tanking for me on his warrior.

I built up and successfully ran a 10-man through kara and ZA. My 25-Man experience comes from FMMC to which I was their paladin officer and filled in leading their 25-man raids as needed through SSC. After FMMC dissolved I raided with RoT through BT and beginning Sunwell. In WotLK I raided with Divine Retribution until their raid dissolved in Ulduar a couple months back. Now I am here and starting my own raid to continue the fun and excitement. I am a competent raider as everybody in the Badgers I have already raided with knows, and a knowledgeable/fair raid leader. Now that this is done, on to the raiding nitty gritty.

Here is what I have so far:

RAID INFO
-------------

Name: Stoli
Day: Sunday/Monday
Time: 1750-2100
Invite: 1700
Loot: See Below
Signup: In Game signup with forums alt list.
Vent: Yes(No Mic required)
Note: Raid time can be played with a bit, but this is the preferred time for myself

Will this be hardcore? I would say this raid will not fit the definition of hardcore. This is what I am after for this raid not in any real order.
1) Fun
2) Content
3) Loot
4) Progress
5) Achievements
6) Hard Modes (This comes as the above three in a package)

My Idea of Progression:
The first night will be up to 2 hours in ToC10. After that it is off to Ulduar. In Ulduar I plan on Hard Mode Loot Leviathon, XT, Ignis as they all aren't too bad. If we can't get hard mode after 2 or 3 tries depending we will down the boss and keep going. In order to progress to Ony10 and Heroic ToC10 we will need all the Hard Mode Loot Goodness. etc...

The bottom line is:
If we are not having fun, we are doing it wrong.

Gear requirement... I am not super strict, but this is what I will expect as far as gear. I expect to see enchants and gear enhancements where ever possible. All gems should be of Rare quality or better. If you do not have this, I am a JC and can help get you these. The only exception is equipping new gear while in raid if it is a substantial improvement. Since we are starting in Ulduar I expect full conquest/toc5, accompanied by partial Naxx/Ulduar gear. If you have questions on gear, PM me or hit me up in game.

I am a bit partial to my raid makeup, so don't be offended if I don't pick you. Also on that note, once I build a raid, I do not like to replace people if it can be avoided.

Raid Leadership:
This is a 10-man, so nothing real complex is needed. Here is how it stands though.
Leader: Bogre (Me)
2nd in command: Xelian

Everybody's opinion is valuable, but in the end Xelian or I will make the call if needed over something.

Drama:
This is the one thing that WILL and I am dead serious on this, cause you to get tossed from the raid. I do not tolerate drama. If you cause too much drama, you will get a warning, maybe two. After that you will not be invited back. I HATE drama with a passion and with a few exceptions has been the cause of raids I have been in (Not Lead) to fail.

Loot:
My loot rules are vaguely similar to SK. Just it resets every week.
If the loot that drops is for your PRIMARY raid spec you will be allowed to roll on the loot. If you have already gotten a piece of loot, your roll will be bypassed to the next highest roll that has not gotten anything. If everybody has gotten loot for your role, it resets and starts over. If the loot that drops is not needed by the primary spec, people will be allowed to roll on for off-spec using the same loot rules, but applied to only off-spec roles.

Example Loot:
Mageit and pewpewlock both want the gloves that just dropped. The pewpewlock rolls 97 and mageit rolls 34. Pewpewlock has already picked up some shiny new boots, so his roll is ignored and the item is given to mageit.

Since both have now gotten loot, the next piece of DPS cloth that drops will go to the highest roller because all cloth DPS people have gotten a piece of gear already.

Example Off-Spec Loot:
A retribution pally axe drops. The retadin already has this axe. Since the retadin does not want the item it opens up for off-spec rolls. Both the tankadin and the healadin use ret for their off-spec, and neither have gotten any off-spec gear this week so they are both eligible. The tankadin rolls 42 and the healadin rolls a 6, the tankadin wins the off-spec gear. He is now ineligible for more off-spec gear until the healadin get a piece of loot.

Exceptions:
There are some obvious loot exceptions here.

If somebody passes on loot they don't lose their priority. If somebody gets 2 pieces of loot due to a pass, you are counted as having received two pieces for the week. Make sense?

Shards:
I am a fan of raid pooled shards. They would be held on to by the raid leader at the end of the night, and anybody needing shards for an enchant just ask and you will receive if there are enough. Not everybody likes this method, but I have found that it makes for better equipped raid in the end.

-----
Ok, I think that's about it. If i missed something, or you feel I missed something. Please get a hold of me, or feel free to reply to this thread.

- Bo

Last edited by Bogre on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:03 pm 
Regular

I see there are a few people expressing interest in this raid. Is there a date we have set already to get this rolling or you and your "co-leader" still ironing out some issues and rules and what not. I am just Curious, is all.

Hope we get this off the ground!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:20 pm 
Regular

I have updated the loot rules. Please see my original post for raid information.

- Bo