[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Wowjutsu - We're currently the...

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wowjutsu - We're currently the...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:16 pm 
Regular

We're currently the 70th best Raiding Guild on Feathermoon! Not too bad for as casual as we are about it.

Not that wowjutsu is perfect by any means, but it's an interesting look at our guild's raiding status:

http://www.wowjutsu.com/us/feathermoon/ ... %20Badgers

Just fun to look at :)

Feel free to move this thread to another forum if you like, but I thought it fit "About the Drunken Badgers" a bit :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:23 pm 
Regular

Congratulations, Drunken Badgers! You guys are awesomesauce.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:50 pm 
Regular

I'm pretty sure we loot more [Vodka] and [The Beers] than almost anyone above us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:42 pm 
A sales manager, having spent 20 years of employment with the same company, once said to me, "I was here when they got here....and I'll be here when they are all gone." Not a new phrase, per se....but it does remind me of how I think of our guild versus many of the top ranked guilds. I'm guessing once the top guild players hit the pinnacle...they bail for the most part...or at least until the next expansion....or they never return at all. Sad to lose them in-game, in my opinion (arrogant players aside).

That said, our casual raiding may not place us in the top tier....but we can certainly enjoy a longer ride...and listen to Jez and Em tell us their Beer tales, get ganked a few more times by the Horde after forgetting to de-flag (oh, sorry, thats more a Holy Priest-specific problem), wipe because someone clicked one wrong icon, chuckle on Saturday mornings as we observe the "little ones" dueling and yelling at each other "You 'cheeted' and used a potion!" outside of Deadmines....or listen to the different ways peeps pronounce "melee" (maylay or maylee?) or "paladin" (palayden or paladin) on voice chat!

Conquer Black Temple and exit the game early? Never!

Cer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:16 pm 
Regular

Woot! Go us :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:35 pm 
Regular

Just noticed today wowjutsu.com that DB is ranked (Feathermoon server):

> #18 (Alliance)
> #28 (Alliance and Horde)

Seems we continue to move up in the rankings each week. Not bad for 1 nite/week raiding, eh?

Kewl!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:04 am 
Regular

it's still not registering 2 of our kills either. whoever got drops from Supremus and Anetheron equip your epic lootz so they show up on armory!

assuming Friday goes ok we should move into top 20. i imagine we are the only guild in the top 20 raiding 1 night a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:47 am 
There are also several defunct groups ahead of you on the list, including Catalyst, Chaos, Hand of Havoc and a few others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:06 pm 
Regular

It's me the huntard who keeps forgetting to equip Legionkiller which dropped from Supremus before logging. I'll remember to I swear! I'll create a special 'logging' outfit with closet gnome :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:38 pm 
Regular

I think I'm wearing the new tanking booties.

Still need to get those enchanted, too... hm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:05 am 
Zobl wrote:
I think I'm wearing the new tanking booties.

Still need to get those enchanted, too... hm...

I could toss you a heavy Knothide kit. Only two less stamina than the enchant -- or it could tide you over until you find a 12 agi vend--enchanter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:59 pm 
Regular

Whee! I remembered to log out with Legionkiller equipped and we are now at 25 for Feathermoon, 15 for just Alliance. Squeee!

This is with our Anetheron kill still not recognised too!

Note that if you remember to log out wearing loot from a kill you can queue a manual update for your toon via the guild page on WoWjutsu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:03 am 
Regular

I'll be sure to equip that sword I got off anetheron, but I guess it won't matter since we're gonna kill him again tomorrow :)

I noticed that a bunch of my loot has not been picked up (incl my t4 legs, show how useful they have been for me, lol) so I'll do what Jez said and make a "log out" gear set and submit a scan request.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:50 am 
Regular

after last night's kills we are now #20 overall on wowjutsu. grats team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:22 pm 
Regular

Assuming Catalyst, Chaos and HoH are defunct raiding guilds now, as was noted in this thread....DB is Top 10 now (Alliance)!! Btw...is there a way to verify who else has bailed from the raiding game?

Will be interesting to see next week's results, after we hit BT this week.

Dont forget to lock and load ur loot!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:44 pm 
Regular

Come a long way from the #70 in the first post:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:15 am 
Regular

Noticed that after our Archi kill we have moved back up to 22nd server and 13th Alliance. Go us :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:53 am 
Regular

Well as of today I note that we are 16th on the server (and 10th for just Alliance)! Our US rank is 2771.

Our Kael kill hasn't been recognised though :(

Will be interesting to see how things change when Wrath raiding begins...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:20 am 
I thought I read somewhere in there about not recognizing anything post 3.0... I'll see if I can find it. They also have something in place where you can't just go to a PuG and get gear from a boss to give your guild credit. The anti-PuG thing has kept us from having a full SSC run for months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:53 am 
Zealot

We're buddies with Remnants now, but I guarantee that our black temple kills were credited after 3.0.