[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Raid Apps

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: Raid Apps
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:41 am 
Regular

Posting..sorry haven't been actually online at home..bad week :(

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:07 pm 
Regular

Zerric, prot pally, applied. His application is pretty unimpressive, but we should see what Avrus thinks of him.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:31 pm 
Regular

his gear is pretty unimpressive too, I mean by now even with Frav not raiding he has 4 piece t10, badge cloak, trinket, and belt...not in the business of gearing ppl at this juncture of the game unless they bust their ass like Tippy and Jonathan to get their alts geared quickly.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:37 pm 
Regular

Ogburn asked me about the status of his application. I guess he's set with his account, so I'll set him up in a tryout status on RN.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:42 pm 
Regular

Let's get Ashadion and Killah confirmed for tryout status. Let's tryout Ashadion for this week with Mogri out, he looks geared enough to be solid, we can see how he handles threat and stuff..might end up taking him over Thadias if he doesn't threat cap DPS :).

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:58 pm 
Regular

I know what Ashadion is like, and I really don't want to raid with him. When I raided with Remnants in BC, he had a memorable meltdown--really lost it. Since then, I pugged in ToC raids he led, and he has a scolding, micromanaging, talking-to-a-child tone. If I remember correctly, he might also be the kind of tank who whines about dps needing to delay attacking rather than doing his job and learning how to grab aggro quickly. I suppose I could just preemptively mute him, but I am trying to make it very clear that I am not a fan of this guy.

If the rest of you still want him, I'll cope. :cry:

Last edited by Halexx on Mon May 17, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:08 pm 
Regular

Well it's up to you whether we want to try him out, history with our raiders doesn't bode well. I would PM if we turn him down why, I am not up for having scolding asshats in our raid..that's Rev's job ! :wink: I would still rather a raider that is a good personality fight and good player, than an elitist control freak.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:52 pm 
Regular

Well I've had further in game discussion with Ashadion, and received some in-game mails telling me he is available this Fri. , all my interactions he was very formal, mature, and polite in his tone. I would like to try him out for this Friday, no harm done if he shows his true colors after wiping on LK for 2 hours. Leading a raid can be stressfull..I know Rev can get angry when a certain hunter can't bite ppl. Malizz can we get him setup for possible as a tryout.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:54 pm 
Regular

OK I will get him set for a tryout. :(

Your interaction with him, however, does not surprise me, and it also doesn't change my opinion at all. I was not trying to say he would be an asshat 24/7 or when he's trying to make a good first impression. It's just that I have raided with him from time to time over literally a period of years, and I know when things go badly, he can be a problem. I still oppose making him any part of the raid. He's the kind of guy I vow to myself never to raid with again--annoys me too much. Then, I decide that I want to pug, so I weaken on it, and then regret it and wish I hadn't.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:07 am 
Regular

I will be perfectly blunt with him as I know I can be :evil: , kept quiet, do your job, don't get pissy over vent or chat and we will use you otherwise find another raid..period. We are short tanks this week with Mogri out, no harm trying out a tank that can pickup crap on the LK fight properly, aside from defile/valk positioning, tanks not picking up stuff properly is what is hurting us. If all else fails I will powerlevel my pally tank and bring him back into tanking services :), but seriously I will talk to Thadias too to have him improve on managing adds, I don't like the need to taunt the LK to grab stray ghouls very poor tanking mechanics skills use.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:38 pm 
Regular

For Whateley, I don't think we need 3 healy priests fulltime, if we have not offered the job to Dextr formally let's take Atal and approve the switch otherwise, best we can use Atal is for sub as DPS and switch healer on fights like Sindragosa where we may need a 7th healer.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:36 pm 
Regular

I did send Dextr in-game mail saying we'd like to recruit him to raid with us regularly, and he replied that he'll accept. He thinks we have a great group. The way signups have been going, I think Atal will get a lot of invites in either role. I think he's pretty good at playing his priest (although I'm not up on the latest priest stuff), so I hope it works out for us to keep him.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:53 am 
Regular

Lalaman, MM hunter, applied.
--His application is not very impressive.
--His gear is good.
--He sounds like a young kid to me.
--He only knows Ashadion and is from that guild. :x

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:00 am 
Regular

Our hunter situation is full atm with 3, we can tell him the situation right now that we have a full core but we will let him know if we have an opening for his class to try out.

We should approve Whateley's swtich to Atal as DPS primary but as sub status since we already have 2 other SPs, when we have no other options we should take Atal over a new app.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:27 pm 
Regular

Crowmag's app looks decent, let's try him out this week if we can since we will be short DPS unless someone knows he's a complete asshat, plus is he has LK fight experience through phase 2 so we will see how he does with defiles.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:45 pm 
Regular

anyone responding to atal on his switch?

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:33 pm 
Regular

I talked to Whateley, he was fine with it, just needs to get Atal setup on the DPS roster

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:56 pm 
Regular

Raid Holy Priest: Zivilyn
Raid Disc Priest: Dextr
Raid Sexy Hots: Malizz
Raid Leet Pally: (Currently Judrog)
Raid Shamwow1: Revpardoctor
Raid Shamwow2: Firesinger
Raid Dualspec: Empty* - I would like to see this as our seventh healer spot, especially at catacalysm if this raid is still going strong. The raid really needs someone that is geared to the nuts and super skilled that can fill a strong dps roll and yet heal When needed. We are full on priests and Shams so looking for a druid or pally to fill the roll. eg: someone that could heal close to what malizz does but then switch and dps close to what Rhaeyn did would be our perfect world. Opening this up to what others think, both overall as well as details on things like loot and gearing up a person with 2 specs etc.

Heal Sub 1: Dwarven?
Heal Sub 2:

Sorry Malizz, Have I missed anyone?

Not sure if the plan is to steal Judrog to the tank dept. If it is we then have a leet holy pally spot open as well and could be looking at applications for it. Would be looking for somebody at the level phase/judrog was. Skilled great output and knowledge of fight mechanics. I don't believe we want to be training someone to play and gearing them up at this stage of the expansion

I would like to see any person applying for a healing perm spot to have subbed for us for a reasonable amount of time. We don't make a guildie a regular without at least a month of an on trial basis and I would expect the same from a serious raid.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:47 am 
Regular

Based on their performance this week, is anybody opposed to moving Lalaman and Crowmags straight to sub status?

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:55 am 
Regular

I have raided with both before and both are quality players trhey have performed in the past and did again last night. Looks good to me Malizz.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next