[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Raid Apps

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: Raid Apps
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:54 pm 
Regular

Don't think we need another DK but let's try him out, if he beats out Ezios then he would get preference over him. Also assuming he is a good personality fit for our raid.

We should approve the perm switch for Jonathan and Ahri, unless any officers have any objections. If approved I will post the SK list later tonight for Zoble to make a list putting their alts in the place of their main spots. Also the list will be posted in case I happen to have to drop out this Fri unexpectedly.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:43 pm 
Regular

I vote yes on Ahri and Jonathon.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:02 pm 
Regular

I vote yes on Ahri and Jonathon too.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:57 pm 
Regular

I do have one question about Jonathon. Are we going to make him a sub first until he catches up in gear? or straight to regular?

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:35 am 
Regular

Phase has raided with us enough on his holy pally to be reg material, wiping with us 18 times on blood queen etc.. He's shown he can play a class optimally, understands class mechanics to output maximum potential with gear, and doesn't stand in fire. Also as the Raid leader of Remnants leading them to a server 3rd LK25 kill, I think he brings good value to the raid with his experience andI believe he knows the line between confident and epeening asshat. His mage gear will catch up really quick as he already has blown through a togc10 after last raid for trophies. If any raid officers have any other objections let me know but he's been a solid contributor in a pool of mediocre apps and players that have come along recently.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:50 am 
Regular

I am sure whatever phase plays he will be very good.. Have to admit we would miss him on heals.. He is very very good. I think overall it would be nice for the raid to keep 6 top end heals and have a few extra dps than go 7-8 heals for the 25. Guys like phase make this a possiblillity.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:39 am 
Regular

it's fine with me.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:01 am 
Regular

Also 'yes' vote for Jon. We have a strong healing team without Phase, but adding another skilled dps to the roster instead helps patch up the holes. Atm good heals don't carry a raid, but I think having one less dps spot to pug helps our chances for success.

2x Pally - Dwarven + Jud
2x Resto Sham - Fire + Rev
1x Resto Druid - Malizz
1x Holy Priest - Ziv
...is an excellent core imo.

Might we need to review healer bench with Shraya AWOL?

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:47 am 
Regular

Phase just enquired with me about viewing the SK list outside of a raid because, as he went on to tell me, 'the raid leaders' had informed him that Phase's name would be swapped with Jonathon's on the SK list. I reminded him of the SK rules but he said a swap should happen because he 'leveled this mage for the raid'.... what?

Raid rule #1.3 viewtopic.php?f=38&t=766 as abided by Firesinger, Tashraal, Feoc, Tippy + Ahri, don't see why he should get special treatment. Won't be many cloth drops that will be bid on at this stage anyway.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:37 am 
Regular

Quote:
If approved, your alt will start off like a new player in the loot system.
isn't vague.

Also, what happened to Cathu/Buzzworth and Nordilak if Phase is leading Remnants?

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:46 am 
Regular

Quote:
Phase just enquired with me about viewing the SK list outside of a raid because, as he went on to tell me, 'the raid leaders' had informed him that Phase's name would be swapped with Jonathon's on the SK list.

he asked me about this and i told him to check with Zoble.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:54 pm 
Regular

I don't personally like the rule because the raider if the raider has had vested time on their main and has regularly attended and contributed to the raid. I think the alt switch should move them into the current SK position of their mains they are swapping out, the alt is becoming the main raider and in most cases is behind a little on gear so having them able to bid like it was their main has no negative outcome to the raid contribution as a whole. I think Chia and Phase should get their alts in the position of their mains, just because it is a rule doesn't mean it is right, we set that back way at the beginning of WOTLK before we knew what challenges we were going to have to even keep a full roster of raiders for 25 man. It should be revisted by the officers and lootmaster, we don't make toon changes very often and it is a fairly rigorous process, if people put forth the effort to go through the process we should at least reward them with their currently earned spot on SK IMO.

YJ

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:10 pm 
Regular

Agree with YJ. It's one thing if people are switching in an alt to gear them up a bit. But if someone is for the long haul changing their main toon. They should be given the spot of their old main for gear. Ahri will without doubt be one of our top dps and giving him the opportunity to gear up will do nothing but help push our raid through the obstacles we will face faster.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:14 pm 
Regular

What about Tippy then? I think I more than qualify if it comes down to 'contribution' over time.

The reason we arrived at such a rule was to discourage people wanting to swap to alts for rairds without committing to a permanent swap. There was a clause I thought that if a raider was asked to bring a specific alt once off at the request of the leadership then they would use their normal toon SK spot for that run or something like that. It's also best to have a rule that isn't open to subjective interpretation imo.

Anyway regardless, it's pretty rough on others (read the people Chia has listed) to change the rule now without any discussion or warning.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:15 am 
Regular

I think the rule should be changed, agree sucks to those the rule was imposed on but rules, laws, etc. evolve over time and due to other external factors they need to change. I have no problem with Tippy, Ahri, and Jonathan getting their main spots in SK, they are the most undergeared of the raid by just stats but not skill of course, this is just another way to gear them up faster to be a viable contributor to Whiskey. I remember pulling Tash through TOGC10 to get him 4 trophies to go enhancement spec. we went out of our way to support his change in a different way, we should not penalize raiders making toon changes if they committing to it and it is in the raid's benefit that they change. Zoble needs to weigh in as loot master but I will stop stating my points on this, but I do feel strongly that this is one rule that needs review.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:15 am 
Regular

Paging Purpz-Masta Zoble!

The only issue I have is alts assuming the high positions of main toons (which are already gear-capped to our level of progression), to clean up on loot that other people are working towards. If Ahri waltzed in at Chia's spot and snatched the DFO trinket from Aleryan 2 weeks ago - that would've been pretty nasty. Imo new toons should start at the bottom of the list, as Ahri did last week.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:52 am 
Regular

I think Chia makes a really good point here - as it is, as under geared compared to the rest of the raid we are likely to pick up gear quite quickly - I mean Tippy made off with 3 or 4 excellent items last week, whereas if I could come in and take an item that other gear capped people have been waiting forever for that would cause bad feeling, and understandably.

I understand where you are coming from on this YJ and a desire to expedite gearing for those needing to catch up, I just think that already happens within the current rules.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:28 am 
Regular

I agree that they should start at the bottom of the list. People gear up fast when they can't even bid at all. Upsetting regulars who lose out to swapped toons on drops they've wanted for weeks/months seems lousy.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:42 pm 
Regular

agree w/ Chia and Jez.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:12 pm 
Regular

No real complaints.

YJ does need to post the list though if he wants me to take over again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next