[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Guild funded free repair night?

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guild funded free repair night?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:05 pm 
Zealot

Hey what's the deal with guild funded repairs?

Looking at the money log from the last week, only Malizz and Yellowjacket are repairing from the guild bank and it doesn't appear to be happening on special days or anything, it's just all the time. When are we allowed to use the guild bank to fund our repairs?

Since the guild funds are generated by everybody in the guild, it seems suiting that they should benefit everybody in the guild.

I was thinking maybe we could enable guild repairs before the Jagerbomb raid (when you login, Judrog) and disable them after the raid (when you logout for the night). During this time frame, everyone online in the guild is allowed fully guild-funded repairs. This would benefit Oltum's raid and Jager a bunch (thus supporting guild raids well) and also give some benefit to those in the guild who don't raid. Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Guild funded free repair night?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:14 pm 
Regular

I personally think you should turn it on for all members, I think we can you can put a cap on it. There is an achievement of 50k gold for guild repairs, I don't see why we don't open it up and monitor for a month or so. If we seem to be draining funds too fast which I doubt we can lower the cap per day. We have always talked about how we best use guild funds and I think this is a nice feature to offer as a perk overall for being a member. The problem with turning it on and off for certain time periods is that it needs Jud to do it since he is the GM.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:23 pm 
Zealot

I agree it's worth trying out and monitoring for a month or so to see how sustainable it is. That 90k gold that's left isn't doing us one lick of good sitting there and it wouldn't be fair to all guildies to spend it all on raids.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:09 am 
Regular

We'll try it out on friday and see how it goes.

Btw, my authenticator broke, so I can't login at the moment. Do I just need to call blizz customer service on this? I have a backup authenticator at home so can swap to that one once I can login again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:50 am 
Zealot

Blizz customer service can fix it over the phone if you can ever get in touch with them. It took me days to get through to someone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:29 pm 
Regular

just called blizz and got straight through to someone. fixed the issue in 2 minutes. now just need to get back home and put the new authenticator on....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:04 pm 
Regular

Well Jud the problem with Fridays is that Stoli is not running that day and Long Island I think is running both Fri/Sat or has talked about moving to Sat. Activating strictly for Fridays would only be of high value to Jaggerbomb and not the rest of the guildies. The guild will not keep it's activity level and participation high if we only take care of the officer group. Let's open it up to members or higher rank see what kind of spend we have in a month and make a decision on whether it is sustainable, should be able to extrapolate from that 1 month's worth of data. Think of it as reverse social security :wink: if we see we will deplete too quickly we can adjust. We've err more on the gold hording side in the past which is not a bad thing but we have a lot of guild member activity to be able to run 3 raids so that's impressive to get that kind of participation and should be rewarded for being a Badger.