[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Jagerbomb!

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jagerbomb!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:05 am 
Regular

-Ok, haven't heard anyone against him so I sat down this morning with whateley for quite a while and had a chat. Explained that we love him, he is an amazing player, and that every once in a while he can be like dating an ex gf. He agreed, said mostly outside game things during a period of time, and that any negativity would be curbed for the jäger raid, he us pumped about raiding with db and Now has the spot.

-thinking we could have 10 spots with 2 subs, preferably subs with 2 strong specs they know how to play. With that I imagine those subs get subbed In a lot, if anyone else leaves a good sub would be first to get the spot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:13 am 
Regular

--So at this point we have one spot plus one sub spot left, we are now looking for a Mage or shammy for at least one of the spots.

--There is a new shammy in the guild (think the name is veluu?) this guy seems very nice and from what I can gather a good player he used to have a few other toons jakesnake was one and he was starting to raid with fidelity before he stopped playing. Is it possible this guy might be good for a perm or sub roll? He is super excited about raiding with db and I think he may be someone we want to consider, still looking for any other recommendations for the spos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:21 am 
Regular

I also talked to mcnom, he wants to either get a raid going or join a raid with his roommates oltum/mc. A db raid might be ok for him but there is 3-4 of them that want to stay together, we don't have that kind room so he will have to be in the second db raid.

-what is the scenario with the site? Is it a cost thing? I mean can I send zoble some funds? I secretly was holding out hope myself he would return, he may still down the road and either way might still be ok with us using this? Errr

Post subject: Roster!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:30 am 
Regular

This is where we stand

1) Syrannia (war tank)
2) revparlord (dk tank)
3) Yellowjacket (hunter dps)
4) Sagenn (priest dps)
5) open slot
6) Whateley (warlock dps)
7) Cadavrus (dk dps, os tank)
8) Judrog (pally heals, os dps)
9) Malizz (Druid heals, os?)
10) Zivilyn ( heals
11) sub: Nuodart ( Druid tank, os dps cat)
12) sub: veluu? (shammy dps, os heals)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:34 am 
Regular

If we confirm this lot we have a spot that can be filled by a good friend/player from within db, it would be a dps spot and we would be in no huge rush to fill it as we could raid with what we have if needed, historically our 10 mans were grabing a few pugs but with the sub idea we would probably have to pick up pugs a lot less.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:37 am 
Regular

I am guessing revs dk won't be ready for Jan 7 so nuo is in for that week, veluu if accepted could take a dps roll for Jan 7, and if/ when we get another they could roll in on the 14th.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:56 am 
Regular

Jud, we can just roll all 12 spots with regulars if we want as well, though putting nuo/veluu? On as subs might allow us to evaluate them and push them harder to be on their "A" game. I have a feeling the rotation would end up close to the same anyhow, the problem I forsee with a 12 rotation is this eg: it's yj's and malizz week off, then jud has to work one week and ziv can't make the raid, now we are pugging it, if we just have subs and subs for every roll when people can't make it there are backup players ready, these subs I am sure would get lots of playtime, for instance I am gone for the month of April and I am betting with revs dk being level 58 he won't be ready till feb, just a guess, again either way we run this is fine with me. One other thing on a completely selfish note, if we have 2 subs and a regular grandfathered player ( zob/chia/cliff) etc comes over the next month or 2 we could still work them into a 12 rotation? If the other 2 are subs, if they are perm players hard to justify replacing them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:01 am 
Regular

Or we just run 12, rotate them and adjust that rotation around who is away that week

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:44 pm 
Regular

re: number of perm positions -- i think we should do 12. we've always had problems keeping strong subs in the raid. progression players don't like being subs. i think we have 12 reg spots plus some sub spots. nua/veluu can maintain sub spots while we evaluate them. we can post a roster rotating the 12 regulars through each week and if folks know they can't make a certain week, we can switch up the roster ahead of time to get 10 regs their each week.

re: website -- perhaps Zoble can comment here if he is around but i believe he is paying to keep this website up. perhaps he could transfer the site or allow us to paypal him some money. or we could move. i guess it is up to Zoble really. btw, if any officers want admin access let me know.

what happened to Rev's lvl 80 DK?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:46 pm 
Regular

btw ziv, thanks for talking to whateley. appreciate it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:20 am 
Regular

The thing about having 12 regulars is that, in my recollection, we haven't had a full roster of regulars who all show up week after week. We seem to always need subs anyway, so I'd guess we might not face the situation too often where a regular who wants to raid has to sit out. I'm not too enthusiastic about the day that I'm the one forced to sit out, but that's not to say I completely oppose the plan.

Also, I nominate Ziv for the Achievement--Most Post Flurries in the category of Consecutive Short Posts in a One Hour Span. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:15 am 
Regular

Haha..Ziv good to see you back in action I think it's great we have activity on the forums, the past several months for abysmal where we might get a post once every 2 weeks. For raiding I think a core group of 10 regs and 2-3 subs is better like we did for Whiskey, we get back to either RN signups or in-game calendar, those who don't accept by end of day Wed. will be replace by a sub that signed up. The rotating people just doesn't work well in practice because normally that person will be available and wants to raid and is forced to pug it on that day, that should be the life of a sub imo and recruiting for 10 mans I think will be easier than 25 for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:39 pm 
Regular

-We still have one available spot open for this raid, the person who fills this spot would potentially be starting Jan 14

-veluu has been added to the other spot

-I may have figured out a good compromise for our 12 spot rotation, I will use in game calendar, please sign up and let us know if you will not be available on a week as far in advance as possible

-judrog, can we get that public forum set up as soon as possible for jagerbomb, would really like it to have input and discussion with all of our raid members

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:26 pm 
Regular

forum setup. will make some posts when i have some time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:37 am 
Regular

regarding raid leadership -- here is what i propose:

Raid leader -- Jud
DPS coordinator -- YJ
Healer coordinator -- Ziv
Tank coordinator -- Revpar

when Jud is gone, YJ runs the raid.

would also like a "supply coordinator" who brings scrolls, fish, pots, flasks for the raid (supported by raid/GB funds of course). any volunteers?

i don't think we need loot or attendence coordinators for 10-man. please comment if you disagree.

i'm not married to any of this (including my role as raid leader), so if folks have different suggestions, please post them.

i'm going to start some posts on rules, raid plan, etc in the Jagger forum. feel free to debate any of it. just want to get something down in writing to move things along.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:34 am 
Regular

Unnoficially I will be bringing raid items like feasts and stuff as per usual, as for healing I think we should just share ideas and direction, malizz and jud are both equally aware of stuff as me if not more. Rest looks great

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:06 pm 
Regular

I would recommend Sagenn for DPS coordinator, he's more than qualified, that will free up time for me to cover for Jud on RL duties and what not like recruiting for last min subs to fill roster etc. The core group looks solid it's keeping the sub list from not diminishing will be the challenge since if they want to raid they will find a raid one way or another.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:31 am 
Regular

I couldn't help but notice someone had hacked clifftons old account and leveled it to 83, is it possible we might see the same for rha? Do we want to try to juggle a spot for them? (I know I do) or do they even want to raid?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:24 pm 
Regular

I would if they expressed interest in raiding but as of yet they seem to be casual. As for the roster, after running with Veluu enough, I am not impressed..he does decent dps but dies way too much. He's not progression raid material. I see a tunnel dps person playing so unless he shows clear improvement he should not be on the perm roster. As for tanking Rev has not even started to level his DK and has been focusing on his Lock probably to raid with Crisis etc. I suggest we put Nuadort as the 2nd main tank for the perm roster, he's the 2nd highest geared tank in the guild and will ensure we are successful in early raiding.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:45 am 
Regular

cliff expressed interest in raiding. ideally cliff would be the second tank and we get rev to come on his shammy. that would round out the roster quite well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next