[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Jagerbomb!

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jagerbomb!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:33 am 
Regular

I am starting this post for the new cata Friday night raid (the name can be changed if desired) please feel free to post any comments, ideas, strategies here in this thread.

Post subject: Roster:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:05 am 
Regular

I am doubting very much at this point that we are going to get zoble, cliffton, rhaeyn, mogri in the jäger raid, though I do have a solution if that changes down the road.

Chia is going to be on nagrand server and is a sub at best

I was worried about malizz coming back but confirmed with him today and he is back in the game and confirmed

Rev has yet to confirm, I haven't heard back from him and am not sure what his plan is

That leaves us with yj, judrog, malizz ,zivilyn, sagenn, and whatever toon avrus will use

Post subject: Roster 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:22 am 
Regular

I would like to see 12 spots opened for this raid as a 10 man, if for some crazy reason we get 20+ leet fun people that really really want to raid, we can maybe look at a 25 at that point? Not to worried about it right now.

Out of 12 spots I am thinking all chaser/whisky leaders are grandfathered into the raid as members, the rest are initiated as subs and earn a spot in the raid, with serious evaluation done by the regular members. It's way easier to add someone later than boot someone later.

We need to confirm rev, and then start looking for possible candidates, we especially are looking for a tanky type that is skilled.

Do we have any others we are thinking of grandfathering in to the raid? And do we also have anyone in guild that wasn't grandfathered but that may be a good choice?

Not sure if we should open it up to applications or do an RSVP style

Post subject: Roster list
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:42 am 
Regular

1) DPS (Ranged): yellowjacket
2) DPS (Ranged): Sagenn
3) DPS (Ranged): open (lock)
4) DPS (Ranged): open (Mage)
5) DPS (melée): open
6) DPS (melée): Avrus?
7) DPS (melée with a decent tank offspec): Avrus?
8) HEALS: Zivilyn
9) HEALS: Malizz
10) HEALS: (dual spec for good dps) open (shaman) rev?
11) TANK
12) TANK

Post subject: Re: Jagerbomb!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:53 am 
Regular

Well looking at the curent raid members and I would say half or more of us won't be 85 by Friday, so essentially we are gearing for the following Friday the 17th as a jäger start date, please be 85 by then and post here if you can not make that raid night. This gives us well over a week to get prepared. As for this friday we could look at an older raid, 5 mans, achieves run, or maybe even rated BG's would be a good time to get us started.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:35 pm 
Regular

Cad and Surava will both be 85 so that should provide some tank flexibility if we're short.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:11 pm 
Regular

Syrannia (Aka Coreus) has confirmed he will join the raid. i talked to him yesterday. he's been with us long enough and performed well enough to be auto-confirmed IMO.

the other person that pops into my mind is Whateley. solid player and will show up regularly. as known to be a bit pissy. thoughts?

btw, Ziv, does Jud get a spot on the roster? ;-)

YJ, any word on Vorri?

would be good to target a few folks before we open up raid apps.

ps -- i'm definetely gone next friday (17th) for a ski trip unless there is a blizzard in Colorado. i can raid tomorrow night, but lvl 85 is looking unlikely.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:54 am 
Regular

I'd thought we were looking at Jan 7 as the first official raid - folks will be gone for the holidays, and this would allow for a smoother start, with some time to get gear. Not that a raid before that is out of the question, but waiting til then would allow time to get tradeskills leveled without paying OMGgold, get some gear from normals/heroics, etc.

I'm working on my heal set to go along with dps, so could work as a swing healer, though that'd be 2 priests, not ideal. Planning to level my DK or druid next, as needed could flex to tank or melee.

Vorri's running her own raid, so that's a no-go. Whateley's been active, and mostly in a good mood, could give him a go. Lot of good interest with the expansion just out, hope it'll last - would be nice to have a good pool to pick from, and maybe even run 2 raids.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:27 am 
Regular

-I am thinking whenever possible we utilize a single character from each player, the only negative about running 10 man now is that it does not drop as much gear as 25, it's the exact same gear just not as much of it. It will be harder to keep us competetive as a raid if we are dividing that precious gear between 20 toons instead of 10. I realize if at that moment we are short and different toons keep the raid going it is still probably best but overall would like to have one per person.

-Avrus, which toon are you most likely to use for jäger? Cad? What will be such toons primary spec and will he have a viable offspec for the raid that you don't mind using?

-syrannia is in, hoping that is a tank spot please let me know, on a side note now that we have a good core let's make any entries a group decision, we will be raiding with these peeps potentially a long time nice to see everyones views and inputs both at beginning and as we progress.

-whatelry had also come to my mind and I thought exactly what you said about it jud, he is a good player, and probably committed, I have nothing against hm but sometimes he can be like dating a second girkfriend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:41 am 
Regular

Would also like to see what others think of whateley, he is a possible fill.

-As said vorri already has plans, to bad really would be an amazing addition

-Sagenn the dual spec spots are mostly designed for people who are away, appreciate you working on a heal set in case needed, will work on rev as well but an extra priest heals won't hurt especially if it's a week I am gone

-looking at the calendar after the 17th we have Xmas eve then new years eve, Jan 7th seems a natural start date, we will gave started a month after cats is out but really putting a raid together on those Fridays will probably prove pointless. Anyone against using Jan 7 as a start date?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:58 am 
Regular

Sorry judrog, of course you have a spot lols, we need you and yj to lead this circus!
Any idea what spec you are going to gear towards? Will it have an offspec? And if so what offspec, thanks jud

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:00 am 
Regular

my preference would be to heal as mainspec, with a tank or dps offspec. i'm flexible though based on the needs of the raid.

i do think Jan 7th should be the official start date given all the holidays, but i do recommend we try to pug a few 10 mans between now and then (perhaps on a day other than friday given christmas eve and new years eve).

yj, do you happen to know if rev is planning to join?

how are some other good candidates for the remaining spots? ale? ducky? nuadort?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:06 pm 
Regular

I agree with the official raid start date in Jan, doesn't mean we can't impromtu raid before then, but I like some others have been swamped with work so it is most likely I will not be 85 on YJ until closer till xmas, maybe earlier. I know several others in the guild wanting to raid, Nuadort, Oltum, McGnomington..Ducky pref as a sub fun guy but in clutch situations I can't seem to count on him to always come through.. definitely not as a tank for sure.

Rev is still up in the air, he may just be sticking to his lock and looking for a multi-night progression raid..I wouldn't count him in at this juncture like Vorri. I wouldn't be too caught up on bringing a shammy as YJ will always have dual spec BM to bring whatever missing buffs we may need.

Post subject: Raid Jan 7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:32 pm 
Regular

So the official start date for jäger is Jan 7, if at any point any of us have the opportunity to jump in a pre raid of any kind we should take the opportunity. Also over this time if anyone needs a hand leveling, doing a dungeon, or anything else that would make them more raid ready feel free to post and we can work together to make things happen for you, I will probably try to put together a raid or 2 pre jäger and will keep everyone updated on case you want to be involved.

Post subject: Roster talks
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:46 pm 
Regular

-I talked to avrus, he will most likely be bringing cadavrus, his dk with a primary dps spec but with a tank offspec

-also talked to Syrannia and confirmed a roll as tank

-anyone against having whateley in?

-I agree with YJ duchy is an amazing, super nice person who would do anything for his raid, the other 10 man can probably utilize that.

-talked to rev, he wants to raid with us but will be doing so under revparlord a DK tank, I am glad to have rev and his experience with us, though it may take a while (and maybe even some guild help?) leveling up.

-talked to nuodort without telling him about the raid, but getting an idea where he wanted to be, he wants to tank, and he definatley wants to raid with badgers, is he an "A" game player? Should we be considering him as a sub/member?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:51 pm 
Regular

-tentrix, ale, mcnom, are any of these 3 "A" game
Raiders? Or more like ducky?

-YJ I have been gone 3 months, do we no longer need a shammy for heroism? Or not a big deal

Post subject: Roster so far
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:04 pm 
Regular

So still a work in progress, but this is what we have so far.

Tank 1: Revparlord
Tank 2: Syrannia
DPS 1: Yellowjacket
DPS 2: Cadavrus (tank offspec)
DPS 3: Sagenn (heal offspec)
DPS 4: open (whateley?)
DPS 5: open
Spot 6: judrog
Heals 1: Malizz
Heals 2 Zivilyn

Sub 1 (Nuo?)
Sub 2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:32 am 
Regular

we need a shammy or a mage for hero.

i wouldn't oppose whateley joining. just hope he is not grumpy (we should probably have a chat with him on this).

what other buffs would we be missing with the below comp?

ale is on the border of A/B player. i don't know about tentix/mcnom.

agree ducky is a super nice guy and would be a compotent sub, but looks like we are full on tanks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:49 pm 
Regular

-haven't heard anyone against nuodart, so I have talked to him about trying out as a sub for jäger, he is in and has been added to the roster. He will primarily be filling a tank sub position but will have a viable cat dps spec as well.

-judrog, is there any way we can now get a raid section set up in the public area so we can start discussions on strategies, boss fights, and general raid ideas or issues?

So we have 2 dps spots plus a sub spot open, as per jud's coment I think we are looking towards a Mage or shammy for one of the spots. Another possibility is just adding 3 dps as subs, see how they work out and put them into a spot over time. Looking for more input on strong candidates

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:24 pm 
Regular

Ziv, yes, i can setup a forum section for Jagger.

Couple things though:
- i think we should make a decision on whateley before posting roster.
- i think we should setup the roster with 12 regular spots, we two people getting "vacation days" each week.
-guess i was holding out hope for zoble returning, but given he will not be, we should probably vacate his website and move our forums. YJ, you mentioned previously a good guild forum webhosting site -- what is the name again?
- for signups -- raid ninja or in-game?

-Jud