[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Cata raiding

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cata raiding
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:53 pm 
Regular

So, it's about 3 weeks til the launch of Cataclysm. Any date as to when we'll be looking to start raiding? Raid roster? I'm assuming the plan is still for Friday 6-11pm server?

Post subject: Re: Cata raiding
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 am 
Regular

Jan 7th is the most natural start date (the two Friday's before are Christmas eve and New Year's Eve). I'll likely be in Vegas on the 7th but you guys can start without me.

Friday 6-11pm is the slot.

We need to figure out who is still planning to participate in the raid.

If folks could post....
a) Whether you plan to raid or not in the Friday 6-11pm raid
b) Which toon you prefer
c) If any other toons are available if needed
...that would be most helpful.

For Jud:
a) yes, i'm in
b) prefer jud / holy pally
c) ret or tank pally, or mage, or shammy are available as needed

i have a bit of vacation time coming in Dec so i hope to level/gear quickly and would be interested in some 10-man pickup groups ahead of Jan 7th.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:21 pm 
Regular

1. Yup, I'm planning to raid
2. Sagenn - Shadow w/disc off-spec
3. Could level, as needed in order of prefrence: Druid, DK, Mage, Warlock, Hunter.

I'm taking some time off as well, should be able to level up fast and try for some heroics and pug raiding, too. Looking forward to it. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:29 pm 
Regular

I plan to be raiding Fri nights on YJ as usual..looks like we will need to tap into the rest of the guild to fill the holes, but we should start publishing a public roster and dates shortly after Cata launches.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:50 pm 
Regular

here's where we are at so far based on this thread and a few in-game conversations:

Sagenn -- yes
Jud -- yes
YJ -- yes
Avrus -- yes
Malizz -- probable
Chia -- possible (will know in a few weeks)
Mogri -- ??
Rev -- ??
Ziv -- ??
Cliff/Rhaeyn -- ??
Zoble -- ??

would be good to hear from the rest of the current / former officers so we can plan accordingly. i'm assuming several folks on this list are not likely to raid so we'll need to open up to the rest of the guild shortly.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:02 pm 
Regular

-will be coming back to the game
-only have 1-2 days a week so will probably be looking to raid with badgers
-will get back to you asap

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:20 pm 
Regular

Had a small internal debate between going to proudmoore/nagrand but in the end it is feathermoon I will be staying on, I am in for the raid if there is a spot open and a raid going.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:10 pm 
Regular

So it's about 30 hours until cataclysm goes live and I had a few questions.
-I am just checking if we officially have a raid for the expansion, who would be in such raid and who would lead it. -Traditional SK loot system?
-When are we planning on raiding, I haven't read a lot on it but are we likely to have enough people at 85 by Friday with a few pugs to start raiding then? Or the Friday after even? Not sure on how long it will take to level. If it's not possible, meaning if we don't have at least 5 guildies at 85 should we raid something wotlk just to get back in the groove of raiding together?
-once we start raiding cata what raids will we start with, we should probably have a direction in mind and at least have everyone read up on the encounters, especially if they are as complex and need as much cc as blizz threatened

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:25 am 
Regular

Ziv, great to hear -- welcome back!

yes, we are officially raiding 10-man (6-11pm server) starting Jan 7th, but i'm sure we can pull together some pugs ahead of time. unfortunately most friday's between now and Jan are bad for me (Christmas/new years/ski trips/etc), but i'd be interesting in pugging 10-mans on other nights as soon as next week. i'm guessing i won't be ready this week, but we'll see.

we still have a few open spots for the raid, but i don't think this will be too hard to fill up (we haven't started recruiting outside officer pool). here is where we stand right now:

Sagenn -- yes
Jud -- yes
YJ -- yes
Avrus -- yes
Ziv -- yes
Malizz -- probable
Chia -- sub
Mogri -- ??
Rev -- ??
Cliff/Rhaeyn -- ??
Vorri -- ??
Zoble -- out

regarding leadership, don't think we've worked out details -- probably between YJ and myself, unless someone else is dying to run the raid each week.

regarding loot, given it is 10 man, i was thinking we'd just do need/greed like Kara/ZA days.

definetely need to start researching raid plan and fights soon. open to inputs here!

looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. will be fun!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:01 am 
Regular

Put me down as a sub for Fri night raid. Will level my sham to play with you guys in January - but am going to focus on just the one char (lock on Nagrand) for a while. Just got my masters acceptance letter today (yay) and not sure how much WoW time I'm going to have to pare down to stay in the RL game :) Will be 'round though!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:48 am 
Regular

Gratz on masters acceptance chia!

Need/greed sounds great jud

Shouldn't be a problem with you missing some Fridays here or there jud, we should probably look to our 12 person idea we had a bit back as RL will come into play for people some Fridays

It looks like blackwing decent is the raid we should be staring with, from everything I read it is the easiest and longest raid

Blue posts say it should take about the equiv time to get from 80-85 as it did to get from 70-80, hard to say if people will beverage by Friday, if not maybe wotlk? Or even 25 mans? Could be good to get us closer to 85

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:50 am 
Regular

Be ready, and 2, 5 mans for fri:) sorry posting from phone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:04 am 
Regular

I find it amusing that Zoble - ?? is still listed above. :)

I'm pretty sure I'm done with, and even if I did come back, my Friday nights are busy now. Going from WoW raid night to 'date night with the wife' has worked out great for us and I don't think it would work to go back the other way :)

Just thought I'd stop in and say hi.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:24 pm 
Regular

hey Zoble! glad to hear things are going well with the new friday night plans. i'm sure the wife likes date night better than wow night. ;-)

don't be a stranger!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:29 pm 
Regular

Chia, congrats man! awesome to hear about the masters program. looks like we will have a strong bench! ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:33 pm 
Regular

Ziv, agree on 12 person roster.

i'm thinking we put out a guild event for this Friday evening 6pm, and see how many people show up. we can either organize 5-man Cata dungeons or 10-man ICC. have some fun and get some experience/badges.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:41 pm 
Regular

Jud based on the number of ppl logged on day 1 it looks like we may be able to roll 2 10 man rosters, maybe Bogre picks up a single separate raid night to run his Stoli continuation and it would give ppl who want to raid schedule flexibility beyond Fri. I think we should post a poll in general and start compiling a list of guildees that want to raid in Cata, with their desired class/role and preferred night of availability so we can assess interest and roles we need to recruit. With Cata raiding it is critical we stick as a guild raiding so the guild benefits from the XP to level and get the perks at the higher guild levels. I also want to do rated BGs as a guild if there is interest there too. Let me know your thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:37 pm 
Regular

I'll be out this Friday didn't think we were doing anything and made dinner plans.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:12 pm 
Regular

agree YJ. let's talk to Bogre and see if he is interested.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:59 am 
Regular

Sounds good to me, too. I'd like to try for some sort of guild activity on Thursday nights, either raid/heroics or give some PvP a try - the few times I've done a organized group I've enjoyed it, and think we could do some 10's for the rated BG's. Have to check how much interest is there, though.