[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - mojito

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: mojito
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:43 pm 
Regular

hey yj, i think we should try to keep the core officer/db group together in mojito (at least give those folks first dibs if they want to join). 6-11pm fridays has been the db slot for a couple years now and what we plan to use come Cata so think we should keep the core group raiding in that spot.

Post subject: Re: mojito
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:49 pm 
Regular

Jud. that wasn't my intent for this tail end raid..it was for me to hang with 5 RL friends who are mostly in Badgers and some aren't. I think Sake Bomb served it's purpose of taking the best of the best officer group to be one of the best 10mans on the server. Mojito is one I'm personally running to hangout and push a bit of content not as hardcore as Sake for with some buddies until Cata comes out, then I will dissolve it to either put together back an officer 10 man or if enough ppl come back a 25 man, so everyone gets to hangout again.
Chia has expressed he wants more time for studies so will be less regular and Vorri and Lala were just sticking it out to help with achievements. You're more than welcome to start another 10 man alt raid, there a a few from Chaser that I did not pickup that would make a solid group.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:39 pm 
Regular

but it has taken the main db raiding slot and snagged enough of the regulars that it makes running a separate core DB raid in this time slot challenging. all without much officer discussion.

i guess i'd like to hear from the rest of the officers -- do folks want to replace Sake with an alt run consisting primarily of the DB officer group or do folks want to disband and do other things (Mojito, etc)?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:26 pm 
Regular

If you feel I've cannibalized from Sake, Sagenn and Avrus are welcome to drop out of Mojito of their free will to run with a Sake Alt raid with whoever wants to lead and organize it...I will find replacements, been doing that as a part-time job since Whiskey started losing people so I won't be hurt. Chia I've talked to and he is probably doing a Rev deal where he'll be on if he's on he'll raid if needed. So that just leaves me taking myself out of Sake if the 2 officers decide to continue on instead of Mojito.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:43 pm 
Regular

Fortunately/unfortunately the Drake run completion has come at a time when I need to spend a @%^&load more time on my studies so was going to move to a sub role in whatever goes ahead. Not being obligated to raid half my weekend will help me out a lot. If I'm around I'm more than happy to help out in whatever capacity a raid needs.

Though not a reg I do agree we should try and preserve the slot for core.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:28 am 
Regular

Thanks for the reply Chia...so here's the deal folks I am taking a break from the core raid grp and running a social raid with my friends, it was either that or pug a 25 man on Fri nights for Wanween. Fri is my only raid night so I can't do a different time slot. The rest of the officers that want to keep a core 10 man going can do so, just start it without me as I am stepping down from doing any organizing and other housekeeping duties for it. I will in-game mail Sagenn and Avrus to let them know that Jud still wants to run an officer Alt raid during Sake time slot and to go with your raid 1st and I will work on outside of guild to replace as to not harm your pool of DB players.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:53 pm 
Regular

I'm playing a lot less lately, but if a raid continues in the Friday time slot, I'd probably be willing to bring a character at least as a sub.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:22 am 
Regular

Well of the remaining core we have Jud, YJ, Mog, Malizz, Sage, Chia, Sometimes-Av, Sometimes-Rev. Ziv's out, Jez is out. Not really a pool of players anymore, more a motley crew :)

Realistically I think we've achieved all we can on our mains without searching for more skilled players to fill out a reg roster to kill Heroic LK and Heroic Halion - which is much more unlikely months after we moved to 10s for similar reasons... Inevitable, really :(

I've put my hand up for a sub role in a midweek raid on my day off with MC Alliance, anyone know of them? They seem like nice people, a few familiar names though noone I know. Their logs seem solid enough, 8/12 Heroic I believe. I hear they're looking for more subs if anyone is interested in some 25man action....? http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 5313&sid=1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:15 pm 
Regular

I've run with some MCA raids back in Vanilla, their pretty solid and don't recall any elitists or asshats running with them back then. They have one of the longest running raid organizations on FM which speaks volumes that they don't put up with too much drama. I was thinking about doing a switch to a weeknight to pug some 25 man but work and kids is a bit too much to commit the time and I don't want to lose my Friday approved by the "Boss" timeslot.