[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Whiskey pros and cons (Officer Chat)

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Whiskey pros and cons (Officer Chat)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:36 am 
Zealot

While Whiskey is just wrapping up and the raid is still fresh in most people's minds, what were your favorite/least favorite things about the raid? The more feedback the better. This info will be useful if we try to form another big raid in Cataclysm.

Post subject: Re: Whiskey pros and cons (Officer Chat)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:46 pm 
Regular

Interesting questions...

Favourite things:
- strong & committed leadership
- solid sign up process and structure
- solid application process
- a loot system that on the whole was perceived favourably by the raid at large and was balanced between regulars and pugs
- a method of handling loot that was efficient
- stable and long running
- strategising and planning in the forums for new encounters
- on the whole a great group of fun folks
- a very equitably run raid

Least favourite things:
- Slowness in decision making by leadership
- Slowness or lack of implementation of decisions
- 5 hours is a loooong raid
- Not enough bio breaks! (haha saw that one coming a mile away I bet)
- The move from low expectations and happiness in downing content to an expectation of more rapid progression and resulting frustration when it didn't happen fast enough
- Very slow at dealing with fire standers - ok to have a few firestanders if progression is not super important but critical to get rid of firestanders when it is

In my mind the good far out weighs the not so good. The DB 25 man has probably been one of the longest running raids on the server and saw excellent results for the time spent. I am very proud to have been a part of it!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:43 pm 
Regular

Favorite things:
Great group of supportive people even when things are not going our way.
Solid process to get new people.
Solid loot system (suicide kings)
Great job on posting strategies and organizing new content
Kept the fun going

Least Favorite things:
Too short of breaks for raid time. I would prefer at least 15-20 minutes for every 2 hours raided. Could probably have cut raid time down from 5 hours to 4 hours or broke it into two 3 hour segments (last one would probably have been very challenging).
Hesitancy to pull the trigger on low performers, even though we know they're low performers. (More to do with availability of replacements than anything I would think)
Loss of some great people and core raiders.

I really really really enjoyed Whiskey 25 and appreciate the chance I was given at becoming a regular. Looking back I've learned a ton and I'm not remotely the same player.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:03 am 
Regular

Favorite things:
-1 night raid that can actually progress on content
-Fair and efficient loot system (suicide kings)
-Core group of players that actively posted and discussed strategies to help us better the harder encounters
-Good balance of focused raiding while keeping it light-hearted to make it fun
-Great support from the officers
-Well organized raid professionally run raid, got many compliments from puggers we had over the last 6 months
-No epeening asshats, just humble elitist D-bags :twisted:

Least Favorite things:
-Too slow on using the raid ID extension features to drive progression, basically all our progression fights came down simple execution and not gear checks
-Too short of breaks for raid time. I would prefer at least 15-20 minutes for every 2 hours raided. Could probably have cut raid time down from 5 hours to 4 hours or broke it into two 3 hour segments (agree with Avrus, Cata will make shorter raids to accommodate this)
-No good system of tracking low performers to give a solid case to bench them, except for DPS and healing parses which only gives one dimension of performance
-2hr+ grinds on simple execution fights with easy mechanics e.g. Blood queen, Sindragosa, LK, ARCHIMONDE!. It basically comes down to RNG type attempts where we hope to be lucky the mechanic targets players that can execute. This was the most disheartening thing I think for most of the raid leadership to recover from these events.
-No single decision maker during raid, lost our raid director! The debates sometimes slowed the raid down.