[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - New SK Mod 7/2/10

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New SK Mod 7/2/10
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:24 pm 
Regular

Dunno about anyone else but I felt like it actually elongated the process having to pay attention to twice the events for the loot going out.

Can we trim that back to one 'rolling' event like the previous mod? Otherwise - I'm not all that keen on it, doesn't seem as intelligent as Zoble's (not a Whateley staff in ICC10 etc) and certainly adds time to your role as LM, Av... thoughts?

Post subject: Re: New SK Mod 7/2/10
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:38 pm 
Regular

i've always been a big fan of Zoble's SK mod. he tuned it to perfection in terms of "in raid experience". only problem we've had seems to be sync'ing lists, which i don't have much insight into not being a loot master.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:45 pm 
Regular

Yeah the mod unfortunately is setup to have two events. One for bidding and one for 'open rolls'. The reason I started looking into it is because Zoble's mod spits out just a ton of lua errors when it loads and has random issues probably as a result of the game data changing over time. We also had the issue that the player list wasn't synching up properly.

The things I liked about it, is that it will dump disenchant items to the disenchanter designated, as well as items such as saronites or what have you.

Ultimately though it's about the end user experience so if you guys feel it's not flowing through properly I think that's what really matters. I just think we're reaching the end of the line with the Zoblemod viability.

Alternatively I'll message the author and see if he'll add an option for need / greed as a checkbox.

Edit: regarding the Whatley staff I'm not entirely convinced that was an error. The mod spit back Whatley's roll because it said the staff wasn't a valid item for warlocks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:17 am 
Regular

Yeah that's what I mean, the staff was perfectly itemised for him, it's an error. If it had one 'rolling/bidding' event it'd be a keeper.

That said SK and Zoble's tweaking of the mod came about because we wanted to shave down the idle time in the raid so we could absolutely get as many kills done during Whiskey as the raid slot permitted, back in our really efficient days it saved us a lot of time (esp Naxx w/bajillions of drops). A 10-man raid of civil adults shouldn't really need an SK list though ;)