[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Y hello thar new officer(s)

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Y hello thar new officer(s)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:52 pm 
Regular

So if I've done things right Sagenn should now have access permissions to the Raid Officer forum.

So, HAI! Feel free to poke around. If you read anything uncomplimentary about yourself in here, well thems the breaks sorry >.> Please feel free to contribute to any current discussions and you know if you wanna put your hand up to help with any raid administration stuff (HINT LOOT MASTER PADAWAN KTHXBAI) that would be great! :)

Post subject: Re: Y hello thar new officer(s)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:54 pm 
Regular

Hey Jez, thanks for access.

I'm sure anything said about me is only true and accurate. (Even if I didn't like it at the time) :)

Edit:

I'd like to start learning about being a junior loot officer. My only concern is that I lack the indepth knowledge of all the classes like Chia might have. I'm solid on Paladins, Warriors, Death Knights, Rogues and Hunters but I wouldn't be strong enough to say that a particular piece is more fitting for a Shaman over a Priest if there was a dispute.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:26 pm 
Regular

Oh us loot master types refuse to learn the ins and outs of what piece of loot is best for what class... that would just be too much. Rather we rely on raid members to be intelligent about their looting and other raid members not being shy in speaking up about dodgy choices.

To be a loot padawan I would recommend reading the loot master office thread in the Whiskey Raid forum and any other loot related threads lurking around in the raid officer forum. The archived Raid Engine Room forum has a bunch of stuff too.

The loot office thread has the modified by Zoble SKG mod you can download plus infos on how to edit the DBM core.lua file to add the pizza timery goodness stuff.

Welcome aboard Av :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:24 pm 
Regular

I found a potential replacement for the addon we're using. It's called:
KonferSK
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... s/ksk.aspx

Supports 99% of the features we're using now, auto flips over if no bids are received to rolls for main and offsets (treated differently).

Imports the guild player list automatically and accepts imports of csv or text files of the suicide list.

It also auto announces loot when the ML loots the chest, as well as a number of other functions we're performing manually now.

And, which is important, it's current and being maintained.

Perhaps we could play around with this and see if it will meet our needs? I have it installed and I like it so far.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:01 pm 
Regular

Nice work Av! Sounds like something definitely worth investigating. Does it have the pizza timer thing going on? That's a nicety though not a necessity. Perhaps you could run loot one week using the tool and see how it goes?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:46 pm 
Regular

Sounds good Av, I will post the list on Sk thread, and maybe try it out this coming Fri..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:51 am 
Regular

SKG list is transposed into mod. Player list is setup now as well with all the alts branched under their mains. The exception is Bloodthirzt who I had to disconnect so Dwarven and Blood could both be on the list.

We can synch up some night this week.

The big change would be that users still whisper bids, but when it switches to roll people roll like they normally would.

1-100 main spec, (need) 101-200 off spec (greed).

Count down timer will automatically bump up the time etc if someone slips in a roll or a bid near the end of the timer. All of that is customizable.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:04 am 
Regular

Can we get a 10 man in before Friday to test it out?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:01 am 
Regular

Chiaro wrote:
Can we get a 10 man in before Friday to test it out?

Yeah that's a good suggestion.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:44 am 
Regular

I should be around most days this week (woo uni holidays), ping me on skype etc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:19 am 
Regular

Chiaro wrote:
I should be around most days this week (woo uni holidays), ping me on skype etc

Roger that. Should be free tonight, and if not tonight I'll make time during the week fo' sho'.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:58 am 
Regular

Oh the one thing I forgot to mention - the feature that should get YJ pretty excited. Randomly insert for new list.

That's right, no more trying to work the list to try and make it truly random. Just input the Whiskey people and make sure insert randomly is checked and it will randomize the list for you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:45 pm 
Regular

If you need another body for a ten man Chia knows how to get hold of me :)