[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - ICC Raid Voting

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

What do you want to do between now and Cata?
Move to ICC 10-man hard mode ASAP 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
Try for another month on ICC 25, then move to ICC 10 hard mode if we can't kill Lich King 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
ICC 25 until the end! 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Take a break from raiding until Cata 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: ICC Raid Voting
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:54 pm 
Regular

So it is unanimous that we will return to 10 man raiding for Cata. the question is then -- what do we do between now and Cata?

Same deal -- vote and add your comments.

Post subject: Re: ICC Raid Voting
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:37 pm 
Regular

This was a hard one to choose for me. I ended up going with try for LK in 25s for another month then go to 10man if we still can't get him. After seeing some improvement last week I'm more confident that we can take LK down and I'm not quite ready to give up now after all the effort.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:00 am 
Regular

From looking around I would guess about 80% of the raids that were 10/12 or 11/12 are now doing hardmodes without a LK kill.. They have one person who got it, they skipped lk and started doing some new content.. Weather we get a LK kill over the next month or not I am 99% sure somehow some way we could be doing hardmodes. So for me that eliminates the month option. We can finish all the hardmodes before we finally get LK for all I care. So by the time we get him it could be way past a month and still be fine. 2 things come to my mind

1) Would the 10 man we want in cata benefit from an earlier start in terms of people getting used to each other and playing with each other again so we can walk into cata familiar with our groups style of play and ready to take on the new instances. Or will that pick up by itself fast enough anyhow not to matter

2)Even if I would like to stick with a 25 till cata as there is better gear, more achieves, and a fun environment. Is it going to be possible for us to fill up on a reg basis with quality players. Even if one night we fluke out and with 40% power buff in 3 weeks (wink) we get a LK kill.. Are we just then going to be pounding our heads against the wall on heroic mode with the same pugs we pick up every week or so to fill up. I enjoy a good challenge but I don't enjoy the struggle we have faced this last 2 months

Well I end up voting for 25 till the end.. But it is seriously based on us doing equal to or better than we have been last few months. IF at any point we cant do at least as good as we are now at a bottom level and if for any reason we start losing more quality core players. then I would much rather drop it and pick up 10 man raiding.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:10 am 
Regular

I voted for another month. I really, really want to kill Arthas... have since WC3, like many of us in the raid. Caps the wonderful lore narrative of the entire game, past and present before they move on to rehash some BS for $$. Would be kinda heart breaking if we didn't kill him - though equally heart breaking is seeing Firesinger/Shuu turn the surrounding 10 people into iceblocks :oops:

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:09 am 
Regular

^^^ and this is why 25 man is disheartening some nights, whether it's ice blocks or people failing to run out of blistering cold still using keyboard keys to turn we are destin to always carry that higher chance of fails in 25. Ashadion has asked if he could join the guild, not sure of how people feel about him but adding someone with raid leadership experience that could run a 2nd proficient 10 man would be nice to ensure all that want to raid get a chance. I think we can make Whiskey work close to Cata, just need to decide how harsh we will be on ppl either bluntly telling them they will not raid with us on LK kills or subtly not picking them when we have sub options that perform better.

Last edited by Yellowjacket on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:56 pm 
Regular

I voted to try for another month. If our execution is so poor that whatever buff is active after a month isn't enough, I vote to give up then.

I already posted a lot about Ashadion, but I'm much readier to give him a chance at raiding than at leading anything. This is based on direct personal experience.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:54 am 
Regular

ok so I'm the one that voted for 10-man ASAP... I really thought there would be more than just me.

I was getting tired of the same old stuff, but now with hard modes possible the last raid was much more fun... but then the 10-man post-raid raid with a LK kill was even more fun!!!

Having said that I'm in for this 25-man this week and keen to get a few more hard mode kills!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:28 am 
Regular

I voted for another month, as long as Whateley comes with hardmodes activated it has revived the interest in raiding 25 man since we have access to 277 gear now, I think another month of wiping on all night LK grinds or full normal mode clears would have been enough for me to \quit 25 mans. With that said with the continued minor preening of the roster we could position ourselves with a good 25 LK kill group, if it doesn't happen then meh... killing him on 10 man was just as good an achievement imo. If you consider the group we had assembled for the 10 man LK, we were able to do it in less than 15 attempts total over a 2 week period, of course the 20% buff helped enormously for the valk part but 90% of the fight is not about the 20% buff and it is merely flawless execution from 10 ppl. Plus in 10 mans I didn't have to yell at ppl to not stand in fire :P. Definately for Cata, I'm only in for 10 mans, we can probably support 2, based on ppl coming back, one on Fri nights and on Sat nights whichever time slot is preferred by a particular person.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:04 pm 
Regular

it's been a month since the poll started. we should update the poll with latest sentiments.

i've swapped my vote to move to 10-mans ASAP.

meaningful 25-man hard mode / LK progression seems a ways off, and probably won't be that rewarding for me given the handicap needed to achieve it. might as well have some fun.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:46 pm 
Regular

So I've just posted what I hope was a reasonable and measured yet firm response to Whateley's QQ thread. And now I've come here to say 'yes we've been considering how to move forward and one of our solutions is to fuck off the 25 man raid, get a group of quality players together (officers mostly BTW!) and do 10 man hard modes, how do you like them fucking apples?'.

Excuse the french but I'm quite pissed off. The raid leadership has busted it's balls (figuratively) to run this raid right from TBC onwards and blatant and hypocritical QQ with NO constructive feedback or suggestions has me feeling pretty outraged.

I think it's important to find out what the raid at large wants and I've basically asked for this in Whateley's thread so the people who bother to read the fucking forums might respond but as of this point I'm voting to move forward doing 10 mans and screw trying to run a 25 man raid for whiny fucking people who make our life harder. People don't know how good our raid is compared to the massive number of fail raids out there. Raiding with my Treekin on Nagrand has certainly driven home to me what a great bunch of people we have (mostly) and a committed leadership team.

I would like to kill LK on 25 I really would but not to the detriment of my enjoyment of the game.

Ok I'm done with my QQ.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:52 am 
Regular

It's been about a month since my first vote, and I guess I think the same thing. 10 man festivities!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:24 pm 
Regular

Tank/Heals - Jud
Tank/DPS - Mog

Heals - Ziv
Heals/Tank - Malizz
Heals/DPS - Rev

DPS/Heals - Sage
DPS - YJ
DPS - Tippy
DPS - Av
DPS - Ahri

+ Whateley, Aleryan, Gnome, Dwarven, etc etc

With the flexibility of the hybrids above it should be pretty easy to maintain a rotating 12 (as per Jud's suggestion in Cata thread). I'm fine with going to 10s asap :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:44 pm 
Regular

Sounds like a grand plan to me :)

Have has any thought been put into how we would communicate the end of Whiskey to the raid?

Edit: I thought this was probably the best place to put this as any. I would be stoked to run 10 man ICC with you all, however, if in the interests of a better comp it would be preferable to not have two rogues I understand that and there are plenty of quality players to choose from when it comes to a ten man team with a great comp. If this is indeed the case there is a strong chance that I may move Tippy and or Jez over to Nagrand. Playing on an oceanic server when the population is most active when you are is, well, it's nice. Being able to raid in the evenings is great. I love you guys and I'm really torn on this but it does make sense to me from a time zone perspective.

I feel sad because we're really going through the end of an era in many respects, but at the same time it's natural, nothing can stay the same forever.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:54 pm 
Regular

i'll draft a message and then post to the officer forum for feedback. would still like at least Mogs/Malizz to chime in on Whiskey EOL.

jez, i'm not too worried about raid comp b/t now and Cata....we may want to take a closer look for Cata, but by then folks may want to look at leveling different mains. i think we do have enough peeps to fill out a solid 10-man, so i wouldn't feel obligated to stick around just to support the raid if you are keen on an Oceanic server. hopefully at a minimum you'd come visit us frequently though and sub when we have an open DPS spot. ultimately up to you how you'd have the most fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:41 pm 
Regular

here is the proposed message. would like all the officers to chime in on it before it is posted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE READ: Whiskey is going away, DB lives on!

What: Whiskey 25-man raid is being cancelled. Yes, it’s a little sad, but DB will live on through new 10 man raids.

When: July 16th will be the last raid. The plan is to run another 2 raids to give folks a chance to find or organize a new raid.

Why: Drunken Badgers started raiding in early TBC as a 10-man raid. We moved to 25-man to experience new content that wasn’t available to 10-man raids. We had a lot of fun and maintained Top 10 progression on the server for quite some time. At the same time, the administrative overhead of running a 25-man raid has been a lot more substantial than with 10-man. It was also a lot more challenging to maintain a solid 25 man roster than a 10-man roster. With Cataclysm, Blizzard is putting 10-man and 25-man raids on more equal footing in terms of gear and progression. Given this, the Whiskey Officers have decided we’d rather run 10-man come Cataclysm. We were going to try to keep 25-man going until Cataclysm, but the pre-Cata lull has made it even more challenging to maintain a strong roster. Not having a solid roster has caused increased frustration, lack of concentration, and lack of motivation amongst the raid which has taken away from the fun we should be having. So rather than grind it out until Cata, we have decided to EOL the raid now.

So what’s next for DB? A group of us are going to run 10-man heroic ICC/RB between now and Cata in the normal Friday 6-11pm slot. There may be a spot or two open in this raid if you’d like to apply. I’d encourage others to form a second 10-man heroic ICC/RB if that interests you. I’ll start a thread to see if there is interest. Folks are of course welcome to find other 25-mans and if that means changing Guilds that’s understandable. However, in terms of life for DB outside of 25-man raiding, I don’t expect too much to change – the core officers will be sticking around.

It’s been a great pleasure raiding with everyone. Thanks to all the folks who have made this a successful raid over the last couple years. It’s been a fun ride.

Cheers,
Whiskey Officers – Jud, Rev, YJ, Chia, Malizz, Ziv, Jez, Sagenn, Avrus
-----------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:32 pm 
Regular

It's a great post Jud. Hit's just the right notes I think, well done. I think Dwarven and Mogri are also raid officers although they haven't had any particular duties. Do you maybe want to include past raid officers such as Cliff, Zoble and Moonkin or just make it from the current officers?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:16 pm 
Regular

I like the message, straight forward and makes it clear why we are ending it. I think other officers like Malizz and Rev are in a 10 man heroic with Vantas already so we need to start truing up the roster of confirmed ppl to fill slots soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:12 am 
Regular

would be good to get the rest of the officers to chime in here. rev/malizz/sagenn/av/etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:05 pm 
Regular

Sorry - yes the move to 10 mans is a good one and I think we should approach it from the perspective of a primary 10 roster and a secondary 10 roster so people can start forming a second 10 man.

Unfortunately the loss of our cores in 25 man has left us unable to clear content that we should have been capable of clearing ages ago and the more we attempt this the more bitter people will become. Better to get out on a semi-high note.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:38 pm 
Regular

I've been away from the forums for a few days during my parents' visit.

Yes, I like the plan to reduce raiding to 10 man and the post about it. I'd vote for keeping the signature list to current officers or even to current officers who are active to whatever degree.

As for me, I haven't raided with Vantas long enough to feel very bad about bowing out so I can raid with Badgers. I think having the whole Whiskey time slot for 10 man will really be good giving us enough time to take down the easier bosses and work on the more difficult ones.