[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Cataclysm Raiding Vote

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

What would you rather raid come Cata?
Poll ended at Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:36 pm
10-man -- oh i long for DB Kara/ZA days! 100%  100%  [ 9 ]
25-man -- Paragon has nuttin on DB! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Bah, I don't want to raid in Cata 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: Re: Cataclysm Raiding Vote
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:27 am 
Regular

So Cataclysm release was announced today for Dec 7th.

Who is planning to raid 10s? On what character?

When do you want to start?

Post here so we can put together a plan.

Just logged into beta today -- looks like a lot of class/talent changes. going to have to relearn to heal (or just lrn2heal...one or the other).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:51 pm 
Regular

I'm planning to raid 10's. Will level my priest first, then a DK, I'd guess. Unless things are just so painful with the changes, then I'd go with either druid or mage as my 2nd character.

Dunno how long it'll take to level, but I would guess organized raiding would be best started after the start of 2011, give folks time to level, gear and deal with the holidays. Maybe Jan 7 as the first Friday of the new year? Little over 4 weeks after release?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:21 pm 
Regular

I plan on raiding in Cata but would like to see what we end up with at 85 in terms of total ppl interested or who have come back. You should all read the MMO Champion blue post on the flex raid lock system it is interesting and something we may looks at taking advantage at some point. After reading some of the beta feedback, I don't think leveling in 4 weeks will be the problem, but gearing for the entry level raid instance may present some timing challenges, as I don't think it will be anything like WOTLK leveling and walking into Naxx10 clearing a lot of it while still wearing T6 gear from BT or 5-man heroics being a zerg fest.. I am personally in no hurry to push raid content so that I am always so bored waiting for more content, I know we have the talent to be a top tier raid(s) in Cata but at our pace.

The first question I want to pose as I feel as a guild we will alienate the non-officer members like we did at the end of WOTLK, is who will lead the other raids if the interest and demand is out there to run a 2nd or even 3rd raid?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:37 am 
Regular

purpose of the 10-man Cata raid is to be progression focused and push content. if we wanted to be casual, we could have just kept the 25-man together. with the increased difficulty of Cata 10-man raiding, i don't foresee us clearing Herioc months before the next content patch and getting bored.

i think there are others in the giuld who can lead 10-man raids including Ale, Bogre, etc. or if one of the officers prefers to go raid casually, they could go lead it. we should keep our top players together in a single 10 man progression raid though.