[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Ziv's Pipedream.

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ziv's Pipedream.
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:50 pm 
Regular

Random thoughts from aboard my flying carpet somewhere in the middle of Zangarmarsh smoking my pipe.
Some History:
I am not sure if many know but Zivilyn, although my first toon was never my main. He was my 49 twink pvp noob who used to spend hours of endless fun whooping it up in WSG etc with other like-minded fellows such as the late rogue Chiaroscuro. Those days still hold some of my best memories of WoW.
I started travelling throughout europe and shut down my wow playing for a while but then came back hardcore as a hordie In the top progression guild on a strong server (Think Chaos but on a hardcore server) We raided 5 days a week it was intense and although fun it burnt me out so again I left the game for a period of time.
because of some RL friends and wanting something a little less hardcore I came back to feathermoon and leveled Zivilyn. Raided with Mutiny for a short bit then found some Amazing people in a small casual guild known as the Drunken Badgers

Post subject: Re: Ziv's Pipedream.
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:55 pm 
Regular

Pipe dream episode 1: Random thoughts
-Balance is a huge issue in WoW, I want to remain casual but want the progression of a hardcore guild.
-I enjoy the people I have spent so much time with and would rather try to make this work out than go to a new server or stop playing.
- In the land of Ziv this is what I would see. Please understand this is my pipedream some things are probably good ideas others I may have just fallen down the rabbit hole.
-The best system I ever saw was in the hardcore horde guild I was in. Every single decision or responsibility was delegated out. 2 people for instance watched the healing dept. There was a recruitment office but all they really did was look after promotion and then after finding good candidates passed them to the healing office. Anything healing related went to that office They put out healing strategies had a healing forum and if there was healing issues they took the heat. They made sure healers were set up, geared, trained and even set up a cutthroat system.. if a sub came in 3 times and performed better than you they took your perm spot. It was a bit extreme but worked well. I think dividing out the responsibilities of the raid may slow down the burnout we are seeing in the officer/core group.
-In crazy Zivland there would be 2 nights of raiding. Night one would be an open invitational. First filled by any regulars from the second nights spots. followed by anyone who was being tested as a sub for the second night. Followed by any guildie/good friend of badgers that would enjoy raiding. We would run for 4 hours clearing as much as we can and doing it with a lot of fun. It would be a less hardcore raid evening and no pressure would be placed on content clearing. Anyone who shows up is allowed to roll on loot as per spec.
Night two hardcore cleanup raid. Serious progression picking up after night ones start. Again dropped to a 4 hour raid often grinding always progressive NO NOOBS ALLOWED. loot as per SK list or going to serious raid members gearing up a spec for the raid as per allowed by officers.
-Night one maybe like wed?.. could even change every second or third week. Maybe even an aussie friendly time periodically if enough interest. Second night Fri in the whisky raid slot but dropped to 4 hours.
-Would also like to see a third completely optional night added for pvp maybe a 2 hour slot where badgers get together arena, WG. hell i dont care if we hang out at gurubashi arena.. just working on some pvp skillz together. this will be extra sweet as rated BG's are introduced. We have some of the best pvp'ers on server so I know there is at least moderate interest.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:38 am 
Regular

More on my pipedream today I daydream of a place where after grinding LK for hours without avail that we have someone who has kinglsayer achieve and guides us through some hardmodes. Due to some complicated life issues our raid has fallen behind a bit.. On a one night a week event that is hard to come back from. We really need to be working on current (heroic ICC25) content while getting a few oldies figured out like LK normal or dare i say it Anub heroic! .. THis raid has the abillity to make this happen.. maybe not easily but it can be done.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:58 pm 
Regular

i think more delegation of responsibilities would be good. we did this originally, but over time became more centralized. it would be good to reinvigorate the healing and dps departments -- get folks back in appropriate raid channels, with assignments/communication happening.

would also be fun to do some guild pvp. maybe this could be a more informal one night per week for Guildees to BG. anyone interested in coordinating this?

we've tried 2 nights of raiding before and it's never really worked out. doesn't mean it can't. but a number of the core raiders (myself included) are 1 night/week people. and the us/aussie split of the guild limits time slots.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:23 pm 
Regular

I agree with Jud, he speaks truth.

I would be interested in guild PVP for sure :)