[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Zoble

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Zoble
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:27 pm 
Regular

I've mentioned to a couple of people, and you've all noticed by now that I only get on to raid.

WoW just isn't holding my interest any longer.

I haven't made any permanent decisions yet, but I'm leaning towards tonights raid being my last, at least for a while.

I've been feeling this way for months, I thought leveling the shaman up and getting him raiding would be fun and renew my interest but... not really. It's really exciting as you go from being level 80 and ungeared to level 80 and basically fully geared... but the length of time that takes now is limited to a few weeks, compared to a few months to actually get a new guy to 80.

Even if there were new raid content out next week or if I was sure we'd down lich king this week... neither of those sound like something I care enough about.

Frankly Cliffton (and Morn) were two big reasons I started playing with you guys to begin with as they were college roommates and good friends. As they've both quit, my fun has diminished a good bit. Not to say I haven't made good friends with many of the rest of you.

Anyway this wasn't meant to be an immediate goodbye and quit cold turkey.

I'll still raid tonight as, well, it would be rude not to with just this short of a notice.

If you're absolutely screwed by the lack of a tank I may be able to come in and sub and such in the future, I haven't decided if I'm keeping the account active or not. I haven't decided a lot of things.

But I wanted to put you guys on notice that you may want to be looking for another tanky type... but perhaps Ducky can fit into my role without too much of an issue. If I decide to go ahead and really quit I have some gold and such I wouldn't mind leaving with the guild or my tank replacement (although the guild has no shortage of gold).

Post subject: Re: Zoble
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:23 pm 
Regular

Awww Zoble, had a feeling something like this was in the wind. I'll be sad if you stop playing but at the same time understand that you gotta do what's fun for you. I'm going to hope that a decent break will see you and Cliff and even Morn return eventually!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:47 pm 
Regular

dat sux:(

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:00 pm 
Regular

Oh and of course I have no problem with ya'll continuing to use zoblefu.com even if I decide I'm completely done with wow.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:24 pm 
Regular

Sad to see you go, Zoble. Maybe we'll come back in Cata, or hook up in the next MMO for the next iteration of DB...

Also, I'm kinda feeling the same way. I've been thinking "I'll wait until it's not a LK grind night" or whatever for like a month. With the summer here (whoo! bikes!), Cliff not playing any more, and frankly doing this uninterrupted for a year... I'm ready to take a break. The only thing that's really kept me around has been all the great folks, but since I don't log in save for the Friday raid my social time has been pretty cut back too. I'll stagger with Zoble and keep coming for a couple weeks if needed, but I'd like to be phased out.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:26 pm 
Regular

QQ..DB core team slowly melting away. I wish we could convince ya'll to stay but if the game is not fun anymore, not worth the effort. You guys have been awesome to run with for the last 2 years I have been a Badger, it's hard to imagine DB without you guys. All I can say is I hope you guys come back in Cata...10 man raids will be the same as 25 mans so no need to grind 2 times a week. Chaser can be reborn :) from the ashes of TOGC ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:34 pm 
Regular

i'm good to continue chugging along on Friday nights. if we can get enough quality players for 25 man, then great. if 10 of the 25 want to stand in fire or not run away from the wall when needed, i'd prefer to cut the fat and do 10-man herioc ICC on Friday nights. would be nice to strengthen the 25 man roster though.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:25 pm 
Regular

I'm not eager to give up on 25 yet, but if we can't find competent people soon, reducing to an elite 10 for hard modes sounds like fun.