[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Raid Loyalty Reward / Fun things to do with guild gold

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Raid Loyalty Reward / Fun things to do with guild gold
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:58 pm 
Regular

Just thinking, we have a huge load of raid funds and nothing really spending it.

I propose:
Give out 1000-2000g per week to loyal raid members, stupid contest winners (think Cerheal type trivia contest things or something), people who don't cause us to die horrible deaths, etc.

Maybe pick two raiders before the raid to reward for some good achievement (signing up and attending 8 weeks in a row? Improving DPS a lot in the last 8 weeks? Really stepping up to fill a need? Doing loot for the past 2 years? :P) or whatever.

Completely subjective and subject to as much bias as we feel like. Then, we send them a bunch of flasks or pots or maybe some saronite or whatever we have sitting around in the guild bank to get rid of. It's theirs to sell / use / keep.

And then maybe give away 500g of "repair funds" to a trivia contest winner. Trivia question will be asked 30 seconds BEFORE the end of the (first) afk, and you must be present and in the zone to win (as in, be back from your afk a little early to win).

Just trying to be generous with our guild funds, throw some out there, make some people happy, etc.

Post subject: Re: Raid Loyalty Reward / Fun things to do with guild gold
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:00 pm 
Regular

Unless anyone sees a real need or has a plan for all that gold, we may as well distribute it out a bit more.

I figure if we get low, we'll stop :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:00 pm 
Regular

The other thing we can do spend some of it to gear up our guild bench that want to commit to coming to Whiskey. Saronites are getting cheaper, and some of the mats for a class for the 2 crafted slot items takes 14 saronites total. Though there has to be some criteria or contract with the person to ensure it is money well spent along with an office consensus agreement and they don't get the raid "blues" bug and take leave after we spent the effort to get them nice gear.

I do like the repair gold for trivia question idea and the fact we have the question and winner done at the end of the AFK, may help motivate and reduce AFK tardiness. 500 seems much something like 150-200 seems more reasonable for a night of raiding assuming no 40 wipes on LK :).

I would rather something we don't have to work to keep track of week over week like attendance or sign-up, and something more in-line with in raid rewards, like the one above. And ideally something that rewards or creates positive behavior/actions for the raid. Maybe a reward for getting a non-farm boss kill in less than 3 attempts and all get an equal share...dunno that will burn through quick but hey if we can get to 12/12 before we are carried by a 20% buff all the better imo.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:48 pm 
Regular

I like this idea.

Especially rewarding long term loyal raiders and people who have been doing loot or other raid running activities like hmmm... paying for a vent server, tracking attendance, etc ;)

All totally biased joking aside if we can put GB funds to good use as a motivational tool whether by rewards, prizes or gearing assistance I think that would be a good use of the gold.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:51 pm 
Regular

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid giving too much to one person so we don't have to worry about them up and quitting after we just spent 10k on them.

Maybe the trivia can have 2 questions worth 250 each, /shrug.

I don't want to bother to keep track of stuff really either, which is why the other stuff is just completely subjective (and potentially biased towards those we like :P)

We can vaguely keep track of who got rewarded recently and that's about it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:39 am 
Regular

IF trivia is the way you end up going with this idea. It may present itself with an opportunity to ask at least one or more of those questions about the actual raid content or upcoming/past fights that we are doing. Something motivational to the raid but also educational in making people spend a few extra minutes ensuring they know the fights in turn helping whisky with those funds.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:47 am 
Regular

Yeah a lot of guilds buy saronite and distribute to raiders for the legs and boots. A lot of these items are best in slot even through heroics. This way the gold goes to good use and helps the raid progress.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:33 pm 
Regular

Revpardoctor wrote:
Yeah a lot of guilds buy saronite and distribute to raiders for the legs and boots. A lot of these items are best in slot even through heroics. This way the gold goes to good use and helps the raid progress.

I was trying to give the saronite we had away to raiders, but all those that posted they were interested either got theirs or were no longer interested due to other gear.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:36 am 
Regular

I like the encounter quiz trivia.
I'll ask a question, and have everyone send the answer in a tell.
Then randomly pick 2 who got the answer right and give 250g.

I'll even make it not multiple choice :P

And give like 20s to answer. So you have to be there and know the answer, or be there and be really fast at looking it up :P

Thinking along the lines of:
"How many bombs do you have to LOS during each sindragosa air phase?" (4)
"What is the enrage timer for blood queen?" (5min)
"How do you clear the frost damage debuff during the final sindragosa phase?" (hide behind ice block until it wears off)
"Why do the tanks swap on Festergut?" (10 stacks of Gastric Bloat kills the tank and damages the raid)
etc etc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:39 am 
Regular

Hmm I am still waiting for saronite for my boots. Can I haz now?

We should/could also open up like 100G to each raider each Friday for guild repairs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:32 pm 
Regular

We haz 10+ saronites in GB..if you need them get them for you boots from Zoble, or Zoble can you mail them to Rev since no one is on the waiting list.

Maybe Rev has a point let's fund like repairs and consumables again to the regs upon request, we will be grinding a bunch of wipes shortly after we get Sindragossa on farm, LK fight is not going to be easy for 25 man.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:05 pm 
Regular

we should do something with the gold. someone should just take charge of it and move forward. if no one does by friday, i will.

would be great to subsidize cost of raiding (buy the regulars a ton of flasks, speed pots, repairs, etc) and doing rewards for signups/performance/trivia.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:32 am 
Regular

Yeah, we have a bunch. Only problem is that I can only get 500g out a day and I'm generally only logging in one day a week.

I'm good with Judrog taking charge and going forward, but I'll help how I can.

Rev, feel free to get the Saronite from anyone who can get it to you, or I'll get it on thurs/fri if you haven't gotten it yet. Sorry if I missed you, I was pretty sure I went through the whole list of signups and everyone either got it or declined it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:38 am 
Regular

I was still waiting for the boots but would support mine going to a fledgling Tippyrooj.

Amongst pre-xpac blues and all, I'm not sure a few prizes are going to entice people to get to know fights if group kills and phatlootz aren't incentive enough at this stage.

Funding repairs on the weekends is a good idea. Should give the top dps a shit-ton of gold for working so hard. You the man Jud.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:45 am 
Regular

Chialol those boots are 3rd BiS for roojs non? Therefore no wai do I accept the mats to get them before you!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:04 pm 
Regular

Chiastab DPS is carrying Whiskey without the boots, if you want to contribute to the most raid DPS gain it would be Tippy, if you got to 80% of Chia's DPS in the next week or so that would make the raid happy :). Like I mentioned in another post the DPS upgrades for the top tier at this point will be marginal until we kill the LK, so the biggest raid boost will be bringing up the bottom third DPS with upgrades to get the raid whole DPS levels to the point all bosses are on farm from a DPS check and we just need to refine execution during the fight.

Also YJ has collected almost enough badges again to fund others with 5 saronites if needed, I don't need the gold and have picked up all the PVE/PVP gear I can so might as well put them to good use if the GB cannot fund the demand for crafted gear.

I like the gold payout for top DPS, should use a fair fight benchmark like festergut where both ranged and melee have somewhat an equal chance...top 3 get rewards...1000g,500g,250g..respectively

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:12 pm 
Regular

And the top 3 tanks!

ok, maybe not ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:47 pm 
Regular

Yes..tank and healer stipends I say! Too many DPS to pay out so keeping to top 3 seems fair :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:33 pm 
Regular

How about...
I'll carry a bunch more enchanting mats and offer free enchants to raiders for any new pieces of loot they get during the night ( financed by the guild bank ). (To be done during breaks)

We already kinda do it anyway, but just make it a sanctioned event that we provide.