[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Whiskey focus

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Whiskey focus
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:58 am 
Regular

sorry i've been mentally afk from wow for a few months. work has been hell. but i expect to have more wow time now. i actually logged in on a day other than friday!

i'm want to kill lich king. he has been mocking me since warcraft 3. seems like we should spend 2-3 weeks getting tier piece tokens, and re-firming up the roster, then spend some time focusing on sindra and lich king.

thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Whiskey focus
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:52 am 
Regular

Agree, I say this week and next and then extend the raid ID. The regs will get bored of farming content like we did in Ulduar until we extended ID to kill Yogg. At this point we are basically gearing up the Subs, the regs may be looking for that 1 in a million item drop but based on those folks performance, we are more than ready to beat Sindragossa and LK. Learning the encounters will be painful but nothing like 50 wipes to get people practice to execute correctly. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:37 am 
Regular

I say we start a rotation and keep it up a bit.

Clear week, Clear week, Extend week.
Repeat.
If the roster happens to look particularly strong or weak, we can mix it up.

If the roster looks good, clear week/extend week... or even clear/extend/extend.. or whatever.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:28 pm 
Regular

So this week's raid comes with the option of extending the ID to grind the LK, with the problem that we have to kill Sindragossa which would cause us to get saved to the ID for the week. We should make a clear decision on what we will do because I don't think we want to to grind 2 bosses for 5 hours of raid so something else needs to be planned if we do want to extend. Also some heavy hitters look to be out this week.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:43 am 
Regular

Whateley and I had a long and repetitive discussion last night about extending or not extending the ID. I should have given up sooner on trying to convince him of anything. Evidently, he likes the idea of wiping 4-5 hours on LK in one raid--he didn't convince me at all. I still think peoples happiness/concentration/sanity would end well before the raid is over.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:01 pm 
Regular

Would be nice as a progression group to get LK down. Starting over every week isnt going to get us enough experience on him and unfortunatley raids like ICC hurt us one day a weekers more than ToC for eg: with little or no trash. One idea may be to clear up to LK one week then grind him the next week. Realizing that there becomes a point where people just shut down and progression attempts are futile. Perhaps on the grind week we could just have a period of attempts or time frame that we call it after. I know I would personally rather Grind LK once in a while and call the raid a few hours early rather than do the same gunfight every week. and die out before we even see LK. There is always the possibillity of us actually downing LK as well. I raided with ascent a short bit ago. Trust me they are no more together than us by any means. They simply have spent the time to get people introduced to the fight and had some good luck. If they can do it we certainly can.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:08 pm 
Regular

I vote for an "at least every other week" grind of LK for up to 3 hours.
For instance, this week, if we were to 1-shot sindragosa then go on to LK for 3 hours... we'd call the raid an hour or two early.

I don't think any grinding past about 3 hours is doing anyone any good.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:09 pm 
Regular

Working on the above scenario on a week where we are grinding LK if we dont down him we dont get saved and that leaves it open for the hardcores to jump into a pug if wanted and grab some experience/gear they may have missed along the way. WOuldnt work this week as we have an extra boss up .. but an idea for ythe future

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:06 pm 
Regular

we do need to find a way to spend more time on lich king. it's just going to take a lot of wipes to learn the fight. and gear isn't our limiter at this point.