[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon • View topic - Proposition for Vermouth raid

Drunken Badgers of Feathermoon

Knock one back for the Drunken Badgersh!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Proposition for Vermouth raid
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:35 pm 
Regular

I have a proposition, and wanted to run it by the officers mainly those reg to Vermouth. I want to kill the LK in 10 man, knowing YJ can't raid on Sats. I would like to run the Pre-vermouth raid as a raid extension ID until the LK is dead, e.g. I would take the raid ID from this week ending at the dragon and continue as many weeks as needed on until the group has the LK down. Hard timestop rules would apply like it did for Chaser, don't expect badges or gearz for your alt spec sets in this raid which is what I think the Whiskey mains are getting right now. Once the LK is killed you can go back to running a 2 night Vermouth and have the hard mode unlocked. Just checking on the appetite for this or whether Vermouth still wants to grind reg bosses every week for badges and off-spec gear. I know the regs are geared enough in a lot of 264s to be able to down a 10 man LK reg mode, so I am asking as i want some feel of progression in one of the raids YJ participates in.

Post subject: Re: Proposition for Vermouth raid
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:04 pm 
Regular

I'm up for it. We can even go back at normal Vermouth time and get a lot more time in, although without a YJ. He may be opposed to this :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:48 am 
Regular

I'm game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:37 pm 
Regular

I'm fine with it if you want to grind him additional on Sat, just realize I am asking everyone get locked into that ID until he is dead which may take a couple weeks. The folks attending this raid will not be able to participate in a full ICC10 run for as long as it takes to kill the LK, so I wanted folks to be comfortable with that level of commitment.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:51 pm 
Regular

I'm good with it (Primarily because I got the only piece of loot I was dying to get last time)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:36 pm 
Regular

I'm not sure if I'm a regular for Vermouth, and I'm guessing that if YJ's plan goes ahead I'll not be part of the A team as per what happened with Chaser so my opinion is probably moot. I'll still give it though - I would be game for getting the LK. That said I would rather do 2 raids split into 2-3 hour brackets than one long raid. So pre-vermouth and a shorter vermouth.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:01 pm 
Regular

My intent is to start with the original Chaser group as 1st invite dibs, and fill out subs from Whiskey mains as needed while ensuring good raid comp. I don't think anyone is up for grinding more than 2hrs wiping at a stint on the LK only, so that is why I time boxed it. All I can promise is that I will commit to killing him on a Fri night as long as it takes and extend the raid ID until he is dead, that being said if we happen to be able to blow him up within a week..then Vermouth can go back to it's normal 2 day grind with all bosses as an option for hard mode.

One other note I want to point out why I think we should do this and get as many ppl setup to toggle hard mode is that in 10 man the hard mode versions the respective tier bosses drop tier tokens which will definitely help supplement Whiskey raiders main spec upgrades and their off-specs. Those with the achievement can spawn off additional 10 mans as needed if interest sparks.

I am not planning to do this long-term, I just want to achieve the kill and turn Vermouth back to it's current incarnation of 2 nights raiding and be a sub in if I am available and give those original regs their enjoyment of grinding 2 days :) .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:25 am 
Regular

-I am definately in if this happens

-I think Vermouth should be a progressive raid like it was in the begining. Gearing up alts and showing new people the fights should be left to another raid all together.

-Grinding the same boss for 5 hours might just be too much even for a solid patient group. I recomend a soft time cap unless we are close and people are all feeling like giving it a little more.

-Also recomend just sucking it up and canceling the raid for that week if we are not at full strength.. pulling in 3 undergeared pugs that dont know the fights or even how we play together isnt going to down the boss we have spent days on as a solid group

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:37 am 
Regular

Our regular Vermouth group is sooo close to downing Sindragosa... 6% was our best I believe the week before last when we had a normal roster. As I would not be part of this proposed raid you'll understand if I'm a little annoyed at missing out on the Sindra kill let alone the LK. On the other hand I don't have the heart in me for raiding any more and so if this is another raid I am dropped from so be it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:34 pm 
Regular

(whoops posted this in wrong thread)

I am super in favour of this.

As I told Jez this evening, I need to start paring down my WoW hours with my studies getting increasingly hardcore this year - spending the glory hours of my weekend (Sat and Sun 12-7pm) without making any progress is getting me down in a big way. I resent people causing dumb wipes while friends of mine upload photos to my Facebook feed of superfun weekend things I'm missing out on in realtime. The 10 man 'returning to form' would definitely reinstill raiding as a fun and worthwhile way to spend my time.

It wouldn't be a good thing for the raid right now (hopefully some time down the track it will be) - but I would eventually like to maintain Ahri as the only toon I play, I want to be playing less. Hell, I'll even go Demo for the raid buff :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:24 am 
Regular

I'm in favor of extending to kill LK. I'm in favor of going with the original folks.

I'm not in favor of the Chaser time slot. I just can't do it. If ya'll go on without me, that's fine (sniff). But most weekdays I'm in bed by 8pm server so I can wake at 2-3am server. By now I'm well trained to tough it out for Whiskey. But for 10s, as Malizz well knows, the Thursday raid is hard enough for me to stay awake for.